#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final third is the place you can lose the ball though, even Pep has always said that. Too often we are too passive going sideways. Dribbling is a dying art and the hardest thing to do so losing the ball is bound to happen at times. Don’t get me wrong I was frustrated with his finishing the other night but he makes things happen and it’s good to see someone prepared to shoot. Overall he’s having a very decent season and he’s a great alternative in our squad. His work rate has also vastly improved since he’s been here.

Losing the ball while, for instance, KDB crosses half the pitch and runs into space to the right of him, only for Mahrez to run into three defenders, is not fun for Kevin, especially not in the 90th minute in the Bernabeu.

Kevin is a better man than I.

He is worth the money we paid and he is a useful member of the squad because sometimes you do need that selfish person who will just shoot when they shouldn't, but its not every game.
Do you think so? I go back and forth on it. His numbers are fine, but I feel like for the fee we paid and the age he is we should really be getting more consistent performances. His general ineffectiveness coming off the bench is frustrating as well. I wonder if we had a do over if we still would've signed him or gone for the usual 22-24 year old profile.

Do you think so? I go back and forth on it. His numbers are fine, but I feel like for the fee we paid and the age he is we should really be getting more consistent performances. His general ineffectiveness coming off the bench is frustrating as well. I wonder if we had a do over if we still would've signed him or gone for the usual 22-24 year old profile.

I think we would miss him if we sold him. There are some games when his greediness has ended up breaking the deadlock and stopping us from having those awful 50 minutes trying to break a side down.

Losing the ball while, for instance, KDB crosses half the pitch and runs into space to the right of him, only for Mahrez to run into three defenders, is not fun for Kevin, especially not in the 90th minute in the Bernabeu.

Kevin is a better man than I.

Well, as great as Kev is he gives the ball away needlessly a hell of a lot too. Players who take risks will always lose the ball.

Well, as great as Kev is he gives the ball away needlessly a hell of a lot too. Players who take risks will always lose the ball.

He does, looking for a teammate. Most of the time when Mahrez loses the ball, it's while seeking personal glory.

Slight difference.

He does, looking for a teammate. Most of the time when Mahrez loses the ball, it's while seeking personal glory.

Slight difference.

Still equates to the same thing losing the ball whilst trying to be creative and taking risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.