COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have fleets or artics, they could do it it is if they are willing
Apparently 7-8% of sales are home delivered. They reckon they can only increase that by 1-2% in the short term. Perhaps they could be more flexible but that sort of stuff takes some planning. They’re going to be hit by Coronavirus just like everyone else, more so if the schools close and they have high rates of absenteeism. It’s unrealistic to expect any large organisation to be functioning at their best and most nimble in the next few months

I never said summer will stop it, did I.
I said that the Coronavirus doesn't do well to survive in ambient temperatures above 25 degrees. That's from the CDC.

Your source is america then.

Well if you check other governents advice thry are not putting such an unconfirmed statement.

But then why trust the fuckwittery of america whose president and vice president cannot even agree how to deal with a cruise ship.

I think I will take NHS advice first.

Your source is america then.

Well if you check other governents advice thry are not putting such an unconfirmed statement.

But then why trust the fuckwittery of america whose president and vice president cannot even agree how to deal with a cruise ship.

I think I will take NHS advice first.
You do that

Apparently 7-8% of sales are home delivered. They reckon they can only increase that by 1-2% in the short term. Perhaps they could be more flexible but that sort of stuff takes some planning. They’re going to be hit by Coronavirus just like everyone else, more so if the schools close and they have high rates of absenteeism. It’s unrealistic to expect any large organisation to be functioning at their best and most nimble in the next few months

Wel lthen the government need to have a plan, if people cannot leave their homes something will have to be sorted.

The new strain isn't airborne.

The new coronavirus is spread through droplets and surfaces.

The principal mode of transmission is still thought to be respiratory droplets, which may travel up to six feet from someone who is sneezing or coughing. The new coronavirus isn’t believed to be an airborne virus, like measles or smallpox, that can circulate through the air. “If you have an infected person in the front of the plane, for instance, and you’re in the back of the plane, your risk is close to zero simply because the area of exposure is thought to be roughly six feet from the infected person,” said Chiu.

Close contact with an infectious person, such as shaking hands, or touching a doorknob, tabletop or other surfaces touched by an infectious person, and then touching your nose, eyes, or mouth can also transmit the virus.
Cheers mate, where’s that taken from?

Well that's one way of completely missing the point of what I was getting at.

I don't think I ever said anything that refutes how it spreads, merely pointing out that researchers believe that it's potential to spread will be reduced as temperatures in the northern hemipshere rise.
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...navirus-outbreak-die-out-in-the-summers-heat/

I’ve already shared a link saying that no one actually believes that.

Share your “CDC” link...

But it’s mainly spread through aerosol transmission so whether it survives on surfaces or not, it doesn’t really matter too much.

It's not airborne which is why the face masks are pointless.

In fact they say wearing a mask then taking it of to eat and putting in on a table top would help spread the disease if you are infected as the mask would spread it onto the table surface.

Any contact from face to surface is a risk so any sweat, snot, droplets from coughing are still infectious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.