COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up. People are turning up at Wythenshawe hospital. Getting diagnosed with coronavirus and getting sent home to self isolate and this is happening very regular. They're not being counted in the official figures. And this is almost on an hourly basis now. Nah is saving beds for the bad cases that need it

This is just one hospital so all the others will be the same

Before you call me a loon look at my first post in this thread and see what followed.

Having a wife also working within the same hospital, she came back telling me two days ago, that there were an influx of patients with COVID-19 being shipped off to London.

Why London? I asked.

She had no idea. So, gossip and conjecture happen quite a lot at hospitals like everywhere else.

Yes, there have been one or two patients with confirmed infection, mostly because they are coming from the airport returning from flights to those affected destinations.

Let's not shit stir...

Having a wife also working within the same hospital, she came back telling me two days ago, that there were an influx of patients with COVID-19 being shipped off to London.

Why London? I asked.

She had no idea. So, gossip and conjecture happen quite a lot at hospitals like everywhere else.

Yes, there have been one or two patients with confirmed infection, mostly because they are coming from the airport returning from flights to those affected destinations.

Let's not shit stir...
I also expect that some people who are turning up at hospitals and being tested are probably not believed to have the virus. But it’s easier to tell them that they might and to go home and self isolate rather than argue the toss with them.
I should stress that I don’t believe that includes Karen

It shows a lot about human nature these issues.

Greedy selfish people stock pile

Rumour mongers revel in it

Doom merchants love it

Head in the sand people

What will be will be people

Amazing

Read that, he never mentions the summer (yes the CDC do) he isn't involved in actual cases but is theorising and as it says

"Chiu stresses that we do not yet have definitive data on how long the new coronavirus can survive on surfaces, but based on data from other coronaviruses such as SARS, it may be for up to two days at room temperatures."

Nothing there goes against what myself or @SWP's back have said.

The 25°c and summer stuff is utterly unknown as was the original point.
I've always assumed colds and flu are worse in winter due to our immune systems being weaker and being stuck indoors together.
It shows a lot about human nature these issues.

Greedy selfish people stock pile

Rumour mongers revel in it

Doom merchants love it

Head in the sand people

What will be will be people

Amazing
Out of the catagories above I assume you place yourself in 'Amazing' rather than any of the others?

I've always assumed colds and flu are worse in winter due to our immune systems being weaker and being stuck indoors together.

Out of the catagories above I assume you place yourself in 'Amazing' rather than any of the others?

I should have wrote, that it is amazing.

I am a more of a what will be will be person.

It will not change my habits yet, I have always washed my hands so nothing new there.

I will still be at the match tomorrow, pub before etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.