COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come certain posters are experts in every
Topic on here, whether it’s politics, the corona virus or what colour your shit tells you about your insides, their there talking verbal diarrhoea pretending they know everything

Because this is like a night in the boozer here or that opening scene in reservoir dogs.

A lot of talk with half of it opinions not facts and some of it informed, but fun all the same.

At that rate, you might as well go out and have a party, because we are all dead in a few months!
No, you might as well stay at home where possible and slow it down. This is the rate of growth if we do fuck all about it. But if we act now, today, we can make a difference.

giphy.gif

Attitudes like mine? Saving my life from a virus you think will kill lots of people?!

Hate to tell you, mate, but it sounds like you’re so fragile that anything could harm you...even the regular flu! You are citing an extreme case and saying the whole world should change their lives because of your misfortune. I have no problems with you taking the precautions you need to take

And, while you’re being snotty, I’m not one of the ones getting a pay raise in July, that’s management!

You came across very badly in that post.

At no point have I suggested that the world should change on my account, and yes along with a few others on here should I get it I might have a problem. The world needs to change drastically for a while or there will be millions dead. The extreme case you refer to is sadly actually happening in some parts of the world and will likely happen in lots of other places including the States.

It was you who brought the pay rise up, just at the moment for me personally money is not something I am thinking about or worrying about. When my country is on top of this then I will resume worrying about day to day things at a point of course when I can feel more confident of being around to have to deal with that stuff.

I swear the mortality rate being reported is wrong. Over 4% in Italy and that’s despite including currently active cases, many of which will sadly die. About 1 in 17 that get this virus don’t survive. Of course certain people are far more vulnerable than others, but overall that’s quite a high chance of death really.

Yet people here still can’t be arsed washing their hands because it’s only a bit of flu. And people will genuinely be apoplectic with rage when we can’t go to football matches, as if that’s actually important.

I can totally see where you're coming from with all these stats, but you are always looking at the worst case scenerio and then making it a bit worse. The number that have died is likely to be accurate as they are testing people after they die if necessary. The number surviving is totally unknown. There are people infected with it showing literally no signs, do we know what % this is as it is certain that thet are not all included in these figures. It is also widely reported that some cases are so mild you would barely know, are they all included in the survivor rate?

On one hand people are saying the government are covering up the true number of infected, the next they are saying the mortality rate is higher than reported. Both can't be right as one thing is for sure they can't lie about the mortality rate. Families of those that have died have already been in the press for different reasons, so I'm sure if someone died and it and it wasn't included in the numbers it wound soon get out .

The Italians have got places on lock down and its still happening. We are doing nothing other than singing happy birthday and hoping for the best.

indeed. I was at a gig last night and went for a piss a couple of times. Amazing the number of blokes who don’t wash their hands.

I swear the mortality rate being reported is wrong. Over 4% in Italy and that’s despite including currently active cases, many of which will sadly die. About 1 in 17 that get this virus don’t survive. Of course certain people are far more vulnerable than others, but overall that’s quite a high chance of death really.

Yet people here still can’t be arsed washing their hands because it’s only a bit of flu. And people will genuinely be apoplectic with rage when we can’t go to football matches, as if that’s actually important.

It is wrong. Like you say, it’s already 4% in Italy and that’s on raw numbers. Active cases out of those 6000 could easily be 4000. It is strange that more men than women are dying and that the Italian death rate is so much higher. I don’t think they have had any deaths in Germany yet for example.

Clearly if you are over 60 you have a much greater chance of not surviving this and once we run out of IC/HDU beds then what then? The Chinese build a hospital in 6 days. We would take 15 years. It would take 4 years to get through planning permission!!

At that rate, you might as well go out and have a party, because we are all dead in a few months!

well no, if everybody in the UK got it (66M) there’d be nearly 2M dead, the rest would recover, on the current numbers being bandied about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.