UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is.

I was listening to the Why Always Us podcast yesterday from The Athletic and they had some French guy on the show saying UEFA are very very confident that CAS will find us guilty.

This, after I was equally positive that we would win, tempered my confidence.

Now TH has me more positive again.

Who knows...hope is good...even false hope is quite good. He’s obviously heard something good but doesn’t want to say.
Damien Comolli, or whatever he's called. Now at Fenerbache and used to be with the dippers, and he was as popular there as the Sun. I think the bloke who did the pod (Ormstein) is an Arsenal fan and find it hard to believe they are putting this sort of thing out as a City podcast.

Damien Comolli, or whatever he's called. Now at Fenerbache and used to be with the dippers, and he was as popular there as the Sun. I think the bloke who did the pod (Ormstein) is an Arsenal fan and find it hard to believe they are putting this sort of thing out as a City podcast.
I don’t see how anyone can really know unless they have an inside line to CAS, and even then we’d need to know what all 3 judges think, and I can’t believe both sides have submitted all their stuff yet.

I’m sure we’re optimistic because we’re getting excellent lawyers and I’m sure they’re saying we have a sound case. The fact UEFA are apparently going to lawyer up as well suggests it’s going to be down to the judges, because I’m sure they’re saying they’ve got a case too and will argue it eloquently and convincingly.

The fact we’re in this mess is because people on our board/ staff had misplaced confidence about our position. They said stupid stuff in emails that should’ve been kept well away from official club platforms. Since we have form for saying stupid stuff I hope this time any briefings are based on better information.

I sincerely hope we win in court because the whole structure of UEFA isn’t fit for purpose, but with so much information on this case outside public scrutiny it’s impossible to know who has what cards.

This is even one of those cases where we could win but we don’t adequately clear our name, so we don’t really do enough to bat away all the crap we’ve had thrown at us.

Exactly what I thought. Pretty confusing.

I do really, really want to believe those that seem to have contacts around people at City and believe the bullishness that we'll win at CAS.

However is it fair to say they were bullish that we wouldn't be found guilty by UEFA in the first place?

I have no faith in anything around UEFA and am expecting the worst from CAS but that City will fight on in the courts.

Probably not fair. It was Sam Lee that was confident but he didn’t say it had come from City. Our statement indicates we knew it was coming.

Until CAS give their judgement everything said is conjecture and opinion. Some well informed but most not. The test for City is whether the owners are prepared to take it go another court after CAS as being slightly cynical on how these things work, we will end up with some or all of the penalties imposed. Faces have to be saved. I cannot believe that we will walk away from CAS as victors. Obviously this is just an opinion, but it's based on 60 years of watching how this world works. Follow the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.