Your favourite 3 derby games in your life time

1989 5-1
FA Cup semifinal, had a tear in my eye at the end of that game. That’s when EVERYTHING changed in Manchester football.
2012 Kompany header 1-0

1973 0-0 Doyle and Macari sent off but both refused to go. An era when you felt the players really hated each other.

Denis Law’s back heel of course.

sick swan.

1-0 Yaya Wembley

1-6 Mancini putting pisscan on a leash at OT

5-1 Maine Road massacre

But to be honest we've battered them so many times in the last 10 seasons it's hard to choose.

Dzeko scoring at OT inside 60 seconds and then Moyes saying they aspire to be as good as City was very nice. We thrashed them 4-1 at home with Nasri and Kun slaughtering them. Kompany 1-0.

The 5-1, I started supporting City that day.
The Goater 3-1, the sense of relief at actually beating them.
The Munich testimonial game.

I know most will have the cup semi, 1-6 or Vinnie header game and then were all great but maybe the game just meant a bit more to me in younger years.

The 5-1, I started supporting City that day.
The Goater 3-1, the sense of relief at actually beating them.
The Munich testimonial game.

I know most will have the cup semi, 1-6 or Vinnie header game and then were all great but maybe the game just meant a bit more to me in younger years.
I presume you mean anniversary, not testimonial? 2 1 under Sven?

In chronological order:

April 1974 - Law's backheel
April 2011 - FA Cup SF
October 2011 - The 6-1

The 5-1 at Maine Rd comes very close as do the 4-1 win at the Swamp in 70/71 and the 4-0 LC win at Maine Rd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.