FA Cup QF - Newcastle (A) - Sat 21 Mar 7pm

If anyone is interested in seeing a bit of ancient footage of a match where we are being "typical City" against Newcastle...... An FA Cup replay on 9 Jan 1957, after we drew 1-1 up there. We were 3-0 up at half-time in the replay. Then....I won't give the plot away. Just go to Bluemoon Homepage, then History, then Matches, then Season by Season, then 1956-57 and click on v Newcastle Jan 9 1957, then "View Footage"

Pretty crappy camerawork then, of course. Can't really see the goals.

When people post on here guessing about scores, dates, results, etc, I don't know why they don't take the trouble to just consult the Home/History/Matches links....

Just hope it's not a bad omen for Quarter-Final.

An old boy named Brian, sadly passed now, used to tell me the story of this game on most trips over to the Etihad. He had some belting tales of games in pea soup fog, fires being set alight in the paddocks at the swamp and how he got the inside information on Bobby Johnstone's move from Hibs to City in the 50's as he was on National Service in Edinburgh and the player himself let him know on the QT. Football was a different beast then and many would argue better.

Come on announce the date

Because of the already Pl TV games the possible dates are Saturday midday, because of PL games on Friday and Saturday nights they are out. Sunday midday and night and Monday night.

The only Premier games that BT were going to show that weekend was Chelsea v City at lunchtime.

I'll assume the 4 games will be luchtime and early evening on Saturday and Sunday (BBC and BT).

Not got long to announce this really have they, it's two weeks away ffs. This should've been announced last Friday, piss poor again.

Because of the already Pl TV games the possible dates are Saturday midday, because of PL games on Friday and Saturday nights they are out. Sunday midday and night and Monday night.

But I thought the Monday was ruled out because it’s in the international window? The draw said games to be played weekend of 20-22 March ie Fri-Sun.
As such, 1 game Sat lunch then 3 games Sunday, something like 12.30, 3.30 and 6.30 would be my best guess - unless they just double up against a premier fixture anyway!

I heard that rumor.

I started it. VRBNO
46N8Hbk.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.