COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really an ignorant bell ems aren’t you.

THIS. ISNT. THE. FLU.

Stop likening it to the flu.
Mouth breather?
Ignorant?
You wrapped a little tightly today? Haha!

I.DIDNT.SAY.IT.WAS.THE.FLU.BUT.IT.IS.BEING.COMPARED.TO.THE.FLU.EVERYWHERE.

Listen, I really don’t give a fuck what you think it is, or isn’t, but I can read like everyone else here. It is a respiratory virus, like flu, SARS, MERS, and the like. It isn’t any of them, but THEY are what we have to compare them with. Indeed, as pandemics go, EVERYONE has come out and talked about the 1918-19 Spanish Flu, which was the greatest pandemic we have known to date, and compared its lethality and the responses from which we might learn, or not.

P.S. what’s a “bell ems”???

How about making the point to the mouth breather to stop trying to down play this as the flu.

World governments would not be reacting as they are if it was the sniffles.
The sniffles?

Stop comparing the sniffles to the flu!

The flu kills hundreds of thousands of people every year. How callous!

Mouth breather?
Ignorant?
You wrapped a little tightly today? Haha!

I.DIDNT.SAY.IT.WAS.THE.FLU.BUT.IT.IS.BEING.COMPARED.TO.THE.FLU.EVERYWHERE.

Listen, I really don’t give a fuck what you think it is, or isn’t, but I can read like everyone else here. It is a respiratory virus, like flu, SARS, MERS, and the like. It isn’t any of them, but THEY are what we have to compare them with. Indeed, as pandemics go, EVERYONE has come out and talked about the 1918-19 Spanish Flu, which was the greatest pandemic we have known to date, and compared its lethality and the responses from which we might learn, or not.

P.S. what’s a “bell ems”???

I’d class the Black Death as the greatest, purely on the basis of damage it did and the percentage of the population it wiped out.

1500 new cases in one day too.

7300 now. They had 400 10 days ago.

We are around 12 days behind them currently.
Ha, with a swift move we have surpassed South Korea on the podium! Victory is nigh.

On another note, glad to see Karen was able to quickly identify this and get appropriate treatment; you have the privilege of being the pioneer of this forum and can now terrorize little mancs with tales of the virus.

Get well soon @karen7.

--------------

Granted I no longer live in Manchester I still have a lot of friends and colleagues there. My child spent most of her years in Manchester under the excellent care of the RMCH.

I was last in London end of January at the QEC Westminster for a summit, then 2 weeks after that I read reports of positive coronavirus in QEC during the Bus Summit. Just goes to show how random and sporadic the location of the virus can be.

Out of curiosity, I've been reading several medicinal studies on coronaviruses and how they work, and during my reading I found the paper below to be interesting. Not vaccines, but immune boosts that come from natural sources like black cumin, sweet orange, chamomile plant. Of course, prescribed medicines and therapies would supersede home concoctions.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11033-014-3019-7

Extracts of Anthemis hyalina (Ah), Nigella sativa (Ns) and peels of Citrus sinensis (Cs) have been used as folk medicine to fight antimicrobial diseases. To evaluate the effect of extracts of Ah, Ns and Cs on the replication of coronavirus (CoV) and on the expression of TRP genes during coronavirus infection, HeLa-CEACAM1a (HeLa-epithelial carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1a) cells were inoculated with MHV-A59 (mouse hepatitis virus–A59) at moi of 30. 1/50 dilution of the extracts was found to be the safe active dose. ELISA kits were used to detect the human IL-8 levels. Total RNA was isolated from the infected cells and cDNA was synthesized. Fluidigm Dynamic Array nanofluidic chip 96.96 was used to analyze the mRNA expression of 21 TRP genes and two control genes. Data was analyzed using the BioMark digital array software. Determinations of relative gene expression values were carried out by using the 2−∆∆Ct method (normalized threshold cycle (Ct) value of sample minus normalized Ct value of control). TCID50/ml (tissue culture infectious dose that will produce cytopathic effect in 50 % of the inoculated tissue culture cells) was found for treatments to determine the viral loads. The inflammatory cytokine IL-8 level was found to increase for both 24 and 48 h time points following Ns extract treatment. TRPA1, TRPC4, TRPM6, TRPM7, TRPM8 and TRPV4 were the genes which expression levels changed significantly after Ah, Ns or Cs extract treatments. The virus load decreased when any of the Ah, Ns or Cs extracts was added to the CoV infected cells with Ah extract treatment leading to undetectable virus load for both 6 and 8hpi. Although all the extract treatments had an effect on IL-8 secretion, TRP gene expression and virus load after CoV infection, it was the Ah extract treatment that showed the biggest difference in virus load. Therefore Ah extract is the best candidate in our hands that contains potential treatment molecule(s).​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.