The rest of the league season.

The rest of the league season ... is least important.

Didn’t anyone pick on Pep in his pre-match talk with Sky when asked about the changes, he mentioned “We have two finals coming against Real Madrid and Newcastle ... and the aim is to get there with everyone fresh and fit” or something along those lines ... but the main thing was him mentioning TWO BIG FINALS and then naming them to be Real Madrid and Newcastle ... every other game in between including today’s against United, mid-week’s Arsenal and next weekend’s vs Burnley are all in his view an inconvenience right now.

Agree with him

i have to swap my days in on weds and work tuesday just to go on wednesday night,it makes my life more difficult for several reasons,why should i fucking bother after witnessing that fucking disgrace today.

Cos you’re a blue, and you fight till the end?

Still need to win enough of them though. Once we have top 4 well and truly secured then they can go and lie on a beach between games for all I care. The two cups are the most important but we need to keep some level of form up!

True, but our hardest league matches come first, whereas the last 6 look a lot easier. I think we need is it 5 wins from the 10 we have left to guarantee top 4 ?

So what are your thoughts for the rest of the season? given that finishing 2nd is pretty much guaranteed i think we need to experiment a little.

For me I would like to see Rodri drop back to centre half along side Ferny, he has all the attributes that we need as a ball playing centre half and could save us an absolute fortune in the summer. Phase in Garcia off the bench to replace Ferny.

I would tell Foden that he is now playing in the middle for the rest of the season along side KDB with Gundo sat behind them.

If Sane is off then i'd like to see Jesus start on the left and Braff coming off the bench late on.

The right wing spot should go to Sterling or Bernardo and give Mahrez a chance up top alternating with Aguero.

We need to plan for next season and should use the league campaign to do so.

IMO, if we keep losing winnable games finishing second is by no means pretty much guaranteed. Pep got it wrong today but if we win the Champions League and the FA Cup who will really care.

Realistically I think a top 3 finish and the Carabao Cup is going to be our lot this season.

Team selection for Arsenal should be interesting !
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.