Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed Fernadinho getting a little animated with him first half.

It was Kev in the final. I think the players are getting frustrated with his lack of through ball and his insistence on ALWAYS playing the same ball. We can’t beat the press with him right now, certainly not in a way we’ve shown ourselves capable to.

Ironically he was masterful against a Real Madrid team that play far slower.

He’s not Busquets, but I think Pep is seeing the aspects that make him look like him. Right now, I’d take him out and play Gundo there with Dave or Kev in the side.

He’s just an alright player. He was never on my radar in a million years before we bought him and I’ve not been impressed with him bar a few performances this season.

He may well be better next season but he doesn’t look like he’ll ever be top class.

Some terrible, terrible takes in this thread. Ah well, he’ll just have to be another in a long line of players that will prove our fans wrong.
We all hope so but we can only comment on what we see. Don’t forget we had Yaya Toure or/and Fernandinho in that position for a decade. I’m not sure this lad is any better than Gareth Barry - no bad thing, Barry was a fine player, just not top class.

We all hope so but we can only comment on what we see. Don’t forget we had Yaya Toure or/and Fernandinho in that position for a decade. I’m not sure this lad is any better than Gareth Barry - no bad thing, Barry was a fine player, just not top class.
He’s 23, in a new country, in a team that plays wide open and often paired in midfield with other slow players. If you and others don’t see the potential in what a really good season he’s had I don’t know what to tell you.

Yaya was never really played in his position and Fernandinho was 28 when he came to us.

He’s just an alright player. He was never on my radar in a million years before we bought him and I’ve not been impressed with him bar a few performances this season.

He may well be better next season but he doesn’t look like he’ll ever be top class.

That’s it in a nutshell.

Diagree.

GazBaz was the best at his position for a decade. A superb player.

He had the ability to become a great player for us and I expect to see him kick on from next season.

You cannot, cannot play gundogan next to him though as it makes our midfield lack creativity and not just pace but speed of play

Thank you.

Someone should show Pep how our win % drops when he start both of Rodrigo & Gundogan together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.