United (a) post-match thread

I'm over this game already but you have to say our league campaign has been shockingly bad and my concern is how it can be back to previous seasons levels next time around.

No-one has anything like a stellar season and the whole team seems to be deflated and out of form. We have dropped several levels this season so what will turn that around next season?

Football is a funny old game. It’s very cyclical. Even whilst remaining amongst the top teams, levels and standards drop even with the best coaches.

Sometimes it’s like things just happen. No real rhyme or reason.

Last season we rotated as much as we have this. Same coach. Same training methods. Same ethos.

I suspect we will come back again next season.

If I were to pin anything particular on this season I would go with the following. Losing the best sided centre back on the planet. Not replacing Kompany. Moving Fernandinho into centre back whilst introducing a new (although fucking brilliant) centre midfield player designed to take his role, into a new league.

Im not with this whole rebuild. Personally I think we just need some luck. We need our key players to stay fit and we need to replace Otamendi and Stones.

Apart from the one Sergio scored that was ridiculously given offside (a case of the combination of VAR and the laws of the game producing stupid results; of course, no VAR and the Assistant Ref would have needed an eye test - there's no way he stopped Sergio's shoulder was mm offside).
Ok. I’m just pissed off.
VAR is bent.

I think when you look at our schedule and the amount of injuries we have, prioritising games is absolutely the right thing to do.

SW had more weight to it and so does Madrid. We will finish 2nd in the league at a canter.

Whilst I always want to win a derby, quite honestly today I couldn't give a fuck. It's just not important Vs where we currently are. It was a training drill. Minutes into legs.

But why not play the strongest team today and rotate against Arsenal?

Well we keep on saying they are garbage and sure they aren't playing scintillating football but they are unbeaten in ten and have beaten us three times this season. Why can't they win the fa cup or Europa league? They are solid in defence, on the whole have a decent keeper and pace up front. If we draw them in the fa cup I fear they'd do us again. At the moment I am not 100% sure we will get past Newcastle.

We won the league cup but struggled against a poor Villa side. Great result in Madrid but even if we get through do you see us stopping the Bayer or Liverpool attack, or breaking down Atletico?

We are miles away from last season's form and some players need to see a sports psychologist or something because their total drop in form and confidence is baffling.
They have a look of players that know it’s the managers last year

but if only football was that easy matey ?? ok we lost and yes it hurts losing to them but would you swap places with them right now ? let them have there hour of glory and in the morning its gone you move on and go again and you can only look back at silverware not winning 3 points

Yes, but dropping shite performances and presenting gifts to them is galling

You know what? Yes. But those are different games in different circumstances and I expect to win them both
I hope so mate, but if the rationale for this afternoons horror show appears again we may not.

Well we keep on saying they are garbage and sure they aren't playing scintillating football but they are unbeaten in ten and have beaten us three times this season. Why can't they win the fa cup or Europa league? They are solid in defence, on the whole have a decent keeper and pace up front. If we draw them in the fa cup I fear they'd do us again. At the moment I am not 100% sure we will get past Newcastle.

We won the league cup but struggled against a poor Villa side. Great result in Madrid but even if we get through do you see us stopping the Bayer or Liverpool attack, or breaking down Atletico?

We are miles away from last season's form and some players need to see a sports psychologist or something because their total drop in form and confidence is baffling.

I realise after a derby defeat it may be difficult to stay rational, but even still you’ve done a decent job there of talking them up and talking us down.

When you look at the facts, it’s easier to flip it around.

We have had a poor league season but are otherwise in decent shape. I think today Pep half dropped that game.

Do I think we can win the champions league in context of just the football? I do. Yes. And I say that because on our day we can and have risen above pretty much everything.

Football is a funny old game. It’s very cyclical. Even whilst remaining amongst the top teams, levels and standards drop even with the best coaches.

Sometimes it’s like things just happen. No real rhyme or reason.

Last season we rotated as much as we have this. Same coach. Same training methods. Same ethos.

I suspect we will come back again next season.

If I were to pin anything particular on this season I would go with the following. Losing the best sided centre back on the planet. Not replacing Kompany. Moving Fernandinho into centre back whilst introducing a new (although fucking brilliant) centre midfield player designed to take his role, into a new league.

Im not with this whole rebuild. Personally I think we just need some luck. We need our key players to stay fit and we need to replace Otamendi and Stones.

Hmmm...I would think you could post under the user name of Rosy Scenario :)

Why would all of our players simultaneously drop several levels on previous seasons? Who has had a good season to date (I'd say Aguero but he isn't the player he was at his peak)? What will change so dramatically next season?

So many questions...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.