United (a) post-match thread

Disappointing performance but some enjoyment in how OTT their celebrations were. Reminds me of the days we would beat them before losing the next week and being nowhere near them in the table. Keep Ole at the wheel, they will still struggle to make top 4 and end the season without a trophy. We have bigger fish to fry hence the team selection. Joyful in beating us 3 times this season yet look at the league table still, and the one time we did beat them it was to get through to a cup final, which we won. Last night was theirs. They are well and truly in our shadow.

Exactly. Mike Dean's own initial reaction was to turn away from the tackle and only when he saw that Kun had won the ball in a 50-50 did he blow the whistle and convert a perfectly good tackle into a 'foul'. Truly a bent ref.
Or maybe just a very bad ref as he demonstrated not long afterwards with the penalty incident.

Exactly. Mike Dean's own initial reaction was to turn away from the tackle and only when he saw that Kun had won the ball in a 50-50 did he blow the whistle and convert a perfectly good tackle into a 'foul'. Truly a bent ref.

Yep, no waving of the arms to indicate he was waiting for an advantage, strange decision. He got a word in the ear perhaps?

Yes I have no problem with not prioritising the league, just secure top four in case we beat the ban. There are two games left that the fans wanted to win in the the league. One was yesterday and the other is Liverpool. Yesterday we failed miserably.

Totally agree

But I don't think Pep gets what this game means to us the fans.

I don't recall Ederson making a save of note?

Maybe the one from James but mainly due to power of the shot, the angle meant it ought to have been difficult to beat Eddie.

We need two new centre backs to complement Laporte and whoever we keep from the rest of the current contingent. We might need two full backs; especially if Cancelo wants out. I'm not ready to give up on Mendy and he an Zin cover a lot of bases between them. Walker is fine.

Get Laporte fit and add some serious pace to the CB pairing and things could be very different. Rodri / Gundo's lack of pace would be come far less of an issue at DM.

But I don't think Pep gets what this game means to us the fans.

That's one of the biggest load of bollocks that is regularly spouted on this forum. It's actually plain stupid - sorry.

Of course he gets it but he doesn't manage on the basis that beating the Rags is the be all and end all but some of our sad small time supporters still seem stuck in the days when beating United was the potential high point of our season.

When Gary Neville said that the Aguero goal shouldn't stand because the Llama didn't try to save it confirmed what a shill he was.

That's one of the biggest load of bollocks that is regularly spouted on this forum. It's actually plain stupid - sorry.

Of course he gets it but he doesn't manage on the basis that beating the Rags is the be all and end all but some of our sad small time supporters still seem stuck in the days when beating United was the potential high point of our season.
There's a poster who said he'd have rather have lost against villa and won yesterday - that's the kind of fuckwittery you're up against.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.