Sergio Aguero - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wasn't my point. My point was Aguero would be daft to give away the team sheet when most people think he's the leak. The club wouldn't idly sit by and let it continue.
Well he is the leak, and seemingly the club is letting it continue. It's a strange one.

Well he is the leak, and seemingly the club is letting it continue. It's a strange one.
If that's all true then the club obviously don't think it's a big deal so I won't be losing sleep over it.

His whole career, what set Sergio apart was delivering in big games.

So far this season hes got 0 goals in our games vs United, Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea and Madrid which I would call the bug games of the season - rest of the top 4, derby, champions league.

That's slightly unfair, because in some of those games, Pep dropped him...but I think that tells it's own story.

He seems to have lost a yard or two, he's been missing big chances at some bad times (3vs Spurs stand out), the penalty misses are just embarrassing, and I dont think he can be our number 1 striker next season.

I think this season might be like Silva's 18/19 and next year theres a massive drop off.
Ha can't score if he is not on the pitch
How about posting his goals per mins this season or does that not fit with your narrative and how many pens has everyone else missed?

Ha can't score if he is not on the pitch
How about posting his goals per mins this season or does that not fit with your narrative and how many pens has everyone else missed?

Trust you Karen to just completely ignore a comment and just spew out meaningless drivel.

His goals per game is still roughly what it normally is. But then again, 11 of his 16 league goals have come against the bottom 6 teams.

And he's only scored 6 goals in his last 16 league games.

Last edited:
Zero fuss apart from leaking the team to his mate in the press.

Still don't see a massive problem with this. It's not like Zidane would have rushed them on to a training pitch for half an hour to work on hope to cope with Jesus instead of Aguero.

Trust you Karen to just completely ignore a comment and just spew out meaningless drivel.
so what does this mean?

That's slightly unfair, because in some of those games, Pep dropped him...but I think that tells it's own story.

so goals per mins and penalty misses from our other striker?

so what does this mean?

so goals per mins and penalty misses from our other striker?

What it means is I literally addressed the point you tried to make. He's not scoring in big games he does get picked for, and now more frequently he's getting dropped for them...for a reason.

Goals per minute doesn't mean anything if all you're doing is putting away the bottom 6 sides we're already beating easily. That's not the old Sergio Aguero...he's supposed to be putting away chances vs the top 6, and that's going.

He's coming up 32, has been playing since he was 15. Father time is undefeated etc.

Still don't see a massive problem with this. It's not like Zidane would have rushed them on to a training pitch for half an hour to work on hope to cope with Jesus instead of Aguero.
I don't think it's a huge deal tactically, though every so often someone might get a slight advantage from knowing our lineup earlier. I do think it's pretty disrespectful to Pep and the rest of the coaching staff though and wish he would stop doing it. I love Sergio, but the whole thing comes off as really petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.