#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not creating the sort of chances he's used to scoring and without the goals, Sterling's general play has been poor. If we could get over 120m for him we'd be foolish to reject it and not reinvest it in a more skillful and creative winger.

Liverpool and the rags must be delighted every time they see Sterling in our starting eleven when facing them. Alexander -Arnold and Wan-Bissaka have had him in their pockets every single game, he's playing at Championship level some could argue even lower at present.
Sane can't come back quickly enough, but even he will take ages to get up to speed so we have a big problem on that left side.
He might not even be first choice for England at the Euros if he doesn't snap out of this huge slump as well.

In his current form, I doubt that many teams are worried about him playing.

His form has gone of a cliff, problem is when everyone else's form also nose dives we need to look at certain players to at least step it up - however for Raheem he fails to beat his man and is also losing possession

Liverpool and the rags must be delighted every time they see Sterling in our starting eleven when facing them. Alexander -Arnold and Wan-Bissaka have had him in their pockets every single game, he's playing at Championship level some could argue even lower at present.
Sane can't come back quickly enough, but even he will take ages to get up to speed so we have a big problem on that left side.
He might not even be first choice for England at the Euros if he doesn't snap out of this huge slump as well.

What makes you think Sane is coming back ?

Can't beat a man at all, been the same since November. Couldn't beat the Port Vale full back when he came on on the 70th minute. He's been piss poor this year - would only play him and Aguero in the League now - Cup games are vital and Mahrez and Jesus are both bang in form.

Shame Sane isn't available.
this is a key point,raz has been the only left sided option that pep has used ,he could have played gabby there and split the mins but for some reason he hasn't,not al players can go all season every game except when injured,in fact you could see the injury he had recently coming a mile off

I think its mental thing that may never be resolved.

He can't deliver under high pressure.

Maybe he can score a goal or two against Liverpool/ United before he retire, but in general, I can't see him being consistent in big occasions.
erm he got the most late goals to win games than anyone else in the last 2 seasons when we won everything

To be fair, there is not much loyalty from Sterling's part either talking up another club.
It was an interview before the madrid game,we don't read the questions,no footballer is going to do anything but blow smoke up any other teams arse,pep does it all the time,he also keps saying he is very happy here

It was an interview before the madrid game,we don't read the questions,no footballer is going to do anything but blow smoke up any other teams arse,pep does it all the time,he also keps saying he is very happy here

Sterling seems loyal to me although the Bin Dippers would argue otherwise but they just love an argument.

Something is up with his form however we can't run away from this. Pep took a lot of credit for improving Raz but does look like he's gone backwards lately. If stick with him nevertheless and give him a bit more freedom. I noticed yesterday both him and Foden were stuck to the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.