Celtic Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could say there are extenuating circumstances hindering us still from properly going full throttle.

Imagine wee Fergus taking control only for some shyster like Mike Ashley still strangling 1 of your main revenue streams & hampering your ability to recover fully, for what just seems purely out of spite. The constant energy needed by the board just to go round and round in circles with this twat, tying them up in more & more litigation.
Blame every #### bar yourselves.lol

I was absolutely delighted to see Hibs win that cup final. Due to the genius that is Irvine Welsh, I prefer them to all Scottish teams. I'd also like to see Dundee United back and strong but that's for an even more obscure reason.

I don't particularly like Rangers, just prefer them over Celtic. However, even that has been diluted since they appointed Stevie Me.

I only come on this thread to poke the bear (and I don't mean just you). I am more interested in Scottish football than most bluemooners but not as interested as some.

Is this 9 in a row this season? I know you'll be favourites again next season but it'll be shit or bust for them trying to stop you.

Edit - I actually want you both to do well in Europe because I'd rather see Celtic or Rangers in the Champions League than Cluj or BATE Borisov.

The winners of the league should go straight into the CL. Its nonsense that they don't and again shows you the competition is geared for the big teams. I'd even get rid of the seedings and have it refreshed each year based on where the team finished in the league.

As for Rangers, the world is at peace when they lose

Im sure we'll hear some good excuses when you guys get relegated as well benny. ;-)
Aye we were not good enough.
Your mob should try it.
Ashley was never mentioned when yous were winning.
March when your shite cue his appearance on this thread.

Aye we were not good enough.
Your mob should try it.
Ashley was never mentioned when yous were winning.
March when your shite cue his appearance on this thread.

I know we're not good enough, we need better players, you know what gets you better players, more money.

Ashley was never mentioned? He's been a constant thorn in our side for years, my son is 8 and I could only start buying him a strip a year or 2 back, now it looks like we are struggling to even get a kit manufacturer for next season.

You might have not have heard much about him, but we've never stopped discussing it, & Celtic fans constantly remind us as well.

It's nice that you've set up a nice we clique with Magicpole anyway, you can stick up for Celtic when he's not here, proper bromance going on there. ;-)

You could say there are extenuating circumstances hindering us still from properly going full throttle.

Imagine wee Fergus taking control only for some shyster like Mike Ashley still strangling 1 of your main revenue streams & hampering your ability to recover fully, for what just seems purely out of spite. The constant energy needed by the board just to go round and round in circles with this twat, tying them up in more & more litigation.
I agree about Ashley, but he was invited in. He didn't turn up shouting Away the lads, or whatever they Geordie ****s shout, then barge in. It was a set of catastrophic I'll judged decisions over a number of years before Ashley that fucked everything up and allowed shysters like Greene and The Geordie to get their claws in. The legal agreement was watertight, so what does King do? He fucking disregards it, agrees a new one with a different company, gets taken to court, costing millions you could be spending in the team, he loses, now you owe Ashley possibly upwards of £10m, and the other mob are now suing for breach of contract. And King is a hero? Another utter ballsup and my guess why he's fucking off. Now overspending is over, as they can't do it next year. They will need to find an extra £12m or sell players. As you informed me and I checked, keeping getting loans and is over.

If I were a bluenose I wouldn't be blaming Ashley, he's the straw man out up to divert your gaze from the real villains. As long as you accept that, things will never get better. Your all in approach these last two years has failed. That will have financial consequences. They actually are coming.

I agree about Ashley, but he was invited in. He didn't turn up shouting Away the lads, or whatever they Geordie ****s shout, then barge in. It was a set of catastrophic I'll judged decisions over a number of years before Ashley that fucked everything up and allowed shysters like Greene and The Geordie to get their claws in. The legal agreement was watertight, so what does King do? He fucking disregards it, agrees a new one with a different company, gets taken to court, costing millions you could be spending in the team, he loses, now you owe Ashley possibly upwards of £10m, and the other mob are now suing for breach of contract. And King is a hero? Another utter ballsup and my guess why he's fucking off. Now overspending is over, as they can't do it next year. They will need to find an extra £12m or sell players. As you informed me and I checked, keeping getting loans and is over.

If I were a bluenose I wouldn't be blaming Ashley, he's the straw man out up to divert your gaze from the real villains. As long as you accept that, things will never get better. Your all in approach these last two years has failed. That will have financial consequences. They actually are coming.

Ashley was invited in by his stooges. Everything from the liquidation on was a farce, the pre pack agreement with Green that suddenly came out of nowhere to be the only 1 the liquidators would deal with, to the introduction of Ashley & his will placed stooges, to the stitching up of our retail deal which gave the club 7p in the £ for every strip sold. The club at that time was set up to fail, getting loans from Ashley that he knew fine well we couldnt pay, for assets which could have included Ibrox or the training ground.

If King and Co didn't stop him, feck knows where we'd be now. We likely wouldn't own Ibrox or the training ground & would be renting it from him for a big amount of money, & that's just best case scenario. Sure, King & Co have made mistakes, and a good number of them, but they are at least coming from a good place, & not from a place of lining Sports Directs pockets.

Ashley was invited in by his stooges. Everything from the liquidation on was a farce, the pre pack agreement with Green that suddenly came out of nowhere to be the only 1 the liquidators would deal with, to the introduction of Ashley & his will placed stooges, to the stitching up of our retail deal which gave the club 7p in the £ for every strip sold. The club at that time was set up to fail, getting loans from Ashley that he knew fine well we couldnt pay, for assets which could have included Ibrox or the training ground.

If King and Co didn't stop him, feck knows where we'd be now. We likely wouldn't own Ibrox or the training ground & would be renting it from him for a big amount of money, & that's just best case scenario. Sure, King & Co have made mistakes, and a good number of them, but they are at least coming from a good place, & not from a place of lining Sports Directs pockets.

How can ripping up a stoneclad legal agreement be good for you? Arrogance and playing to the gallery ,isn't great leadership. No matter how much you needed rid of Ashley he is a pro at protecting his interests..

If the objective was to stop money going into his pockets, they have done the opposite, he will get his money. And more. The other company have a case for breach of contract too.

Another aspect of this is what other company will trust you to honour agreements when you foolishly tore up one that was watertight?

Being so fixated on stopping us has put you behind the 8 ball. It is totally unsustainable with your actual turnover. I like boards to take risks, but they have to be measured. King has been anything but. I have never bought into the mantra that you are going bust again, that won't happen, unless of course, a measured fiscally viable model isnt introduced very soon.

Have you ever heard the saying Dennis Healy used when talking about Britain's debt and our relationshio with the IMF?

When you're in a hole, stop digging..

Stop digging or you will be back in serious bother. There very well may be a collapsing pack of cards, as King taunted Celtic with, but it will be at Edmonston Drive.

Another nail could be football playing behind closed doors. How do you cope with that scenario? If that happens and you don't have cashflow because you are paying out more than you can afford, as you currently are, uefa will see that as breaching FFP eventually and endless share deals won't be allowed.

You are like an ice skater on a newly frozen pond, that decided to stick a washing machine on his back and think everything would be fine.

I totally get the emotional drive to stop us, but at what cost would be my main concern. No club? Going into admin again? Losing a no win legal farce costing additional millions? Diluting the value of shares year on year? And so far, all for the square root of fuck all. You seem like a guy with a brain in his head, how do you think your club should proceed? I'm asking you because my best pal, cut him in two and its your crest, also with a brain in his head, is getting increasingly worried especially since the collapse. He thought it was in the bag and CL money would save the day. It won't happen now and the harsh reality has resulted in the baldy big prick looking haunted whenever we discuss it. He knows the current game is up or things could really go south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.