FA Cup QF - Newcastle (A) - Sat 21 Mar 7pm

Any way we can get a train to Leeds/Huddersfield/York that would allow us to change and get back to Manchester still after the end of the game?

12.30 or 1.30pm on Saturday or Sunday means something like a 6am start for me and 4.30pm on a Sunday means getting back late on a Sunday night with Monday to prepare for. 7pm Saturday means around an 11am start and getting back around 12/1am Sunday which is fine by far the best option in my eyes.

I only missed 3 FA Cup games between the 1981 and 2011 FA Cup Finals.
Reading A 93 QPR A 93 (in Jamaica)
Newcastle A 2002 (Broken ankle)

I travelled to Blackpool, Coventry, Walsall, Watford, Brentford and beyond.

It used to be a great competition and I really miss those days.
However, I can't be arsed with a Saturday 7pm

That's me out!

Durham is normally a cheaper option for Newcastle and a nice place, the prices are cheaper but not exactly cheap at the moment for that night.

Is it indicative of the average age of our away support (those who post on Bluemoon at least) that a Saturday evening kick off is met with a chorus of disapproval despite it being an absolutely fucking perfect kick off time to facilitate a good day out on the piss ?

To me it seems infinitely preferable to having to drag yourself out of bed at 7am on a Saturday to get to a lunchtime kick off

Is it indicative of the average age of our away support (those who post on Bluemoon at least) that a Saturday evening kick off is met with a chorus of disapproval despite it being an absolutely fucking perfect kick off time to facilitate a good day out on the piss ?

To me it seems infinitely preferable to having to drag yourself out of bed at 7am on a Saturday to get to a lunchtime kick off

I’m at the races that day so 7pm is perfect for me, shitfaced and pockets bulging with £50 notes by then hopefully!

I wouldn't bemoan our younger support who rely on trains and have less disposable for hotels. 515pm would have been the best time all round.

It was also 7pm on the Sunday which was the latest for a Sunday cup game I had known, and about 50 free coaches put on.
I bow to your knowledge on the time but what has a free coach got to do with it was/is a stupid time on a Sunday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.