COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did find it slightly ridiculous to watch the games at the weekend where the players didn’t shake hands beforehand but then proceeded to do the mass hug after every goal and then some of them shook hands at the end anyway....

This situation now is why you shouldn't have hospitals being over 80% occupied, never mind over 100% occupied as most of ours are every day. We spend billions on a nuclear deterrent that will never be used and is obviously useless against this or any other virus but we won’t spend to have spare capacity in the health service because it’s ‘not efficient’.
10 years of austerity, of cutting NHS funding, social care funding and cutting public health funding might not have been the best option after all. Who’d have thought it?

Chickens and roost spring to mind. If this gets a hold and if people need hospital treatment then we will very likely be in the shit

I accept the logic of this tbf.

Why not do that now and then again if needed though? Take China as an example, they’ve got it reducing in terms of numbers. If that was to grow again, they’ve got proof that social distancing works to combat it. The public would be far more willing to do it knowing that it slowed it when it was done before. The flip side is accepting a number of deaths in the first place before even implementing it, knowing that it will inevitably lead to the same conclusion anyway.

I did find it slightly ridiculous to watch the games at the weekend where the players didn’t shake hands beforehand but then proceeded to do the mass hug after every goal and then some of them shook hands at the end anyway....

It was absurd. Like most of the approach so far, just playing at it - didn’t United have a huddle? They man mark at corners, kiss each other when a goal is scored and presumably shook hands at the end of the game

If they are that concerned about players shaking hands then the game should not be played. It’s as simple as that

This situation now is why you shouldn't have hospitals being over 80% occupied, never mind over 100% occupied as most of ours are every day. We spend billions on a nuclear deterrent that will never be used and is obviously useless against this or any other virus but we won’t spend to have spare capacity in the health service because it’s ‘not efficient’.
10 years of austerity, of cutting NHS funding, social care funding and cutting public health funding might not have been the best option after all. Who’d have thought it?
Dunno. A nuke over an affected area would probably kill the virus.

But unless the players stay home seperately and their wifes don't work or the kids don't go to school then they are still at risk,i would be happy to have the season cancelled but that won't happen,football is essential to the clubs/broadcasters/FA/Prem etc so it will continue here,it is however a passtime for the fans so they would be better off not going,i am a case in point
I’m surprised that someone with your medical background doesn’t understand the basic premise of reducing contacts in a contagion reduces risk.

Chickens and roost spring to mind. If this gets a hold and if people need hospital treatment then we will very likely be in the shit
Thing is, we were in the shit before the virus came along, it’s just that the NHS is very good at papering over the cracks. I think the current plan is based on hoping that the peak of the virus can be shifted into April and beyond, hoping that beds will then be available. Trouble with that logic is that we’ve not had a cold winter and you cannot magic up staff but, that notwithstanding, it’s not an altogether unreasonable plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.