COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheltenham going ahead is an absolute farce
Staggering how blasé about this our government is , Cheltenham & football should be cancelled but when they’re still allowing planes from Italy into the country you know we’ve no chance , money rules .

A lot of press running with ourselves, germany and france will probabbly follow iraly and lockdown with next two weeks.

Well why wait? Looks like they want to ride it ou ttill easter as people are already off work then anyway and schools closed to me.
To be fair it needs careful planning to avoid making things worse, panic and civil disorder have to be a big risk. I hope they are using the time to work on a comprehensive plan.

Sense a bit of a change in the media this morning. Although the situation in Italy is alarming if i was a betting man this will hardly be getting a mention by May / June. Could well be wrong but that is my prediction for what it is worth.

That's because it is a standard theory, that some/most humans develop their own immunity to the worst part of these viruses and can pass on weaker strains thus accelerating the end of the outbreak.

https://www.wired.com/story/opinion-we-should-deescalate-the-war-on-the-coronavirus/

It's the thought that society is allowing the vulnerable to take the hit, without attempting to protect them, that we find hard to accept, when it's our own communities, of course. It's a bit easier when it's others' communities.

That isn't the only thing people find hard to accept though (although yes I really struggle with such a callous idea. Particularly coming from someone whose loved ones have access to whatever healthcare is needed on the spot). It's also the idea that a significant percentage of our entire workforce and our public services could be off work all at once and bring the entire country to a standstill. It won't be just the vulnerable that take the hit in that case. It was an incredibly stupid thing to say or even mention as a theory. It won't be our strategy and it won't be any other country's strategy either so why even plant a seed that is likely to make a number of people adopt an even more blasé attitude that will endanger other people around them? This is the second time he's spoken publicly in a week and given out dangerously misleading information. We need strong credible leadership at a time like this and instead we have this kind of waffle that is putting people at risk. This has already turned into something bigger than a lot of people anticipated and when I look at the leaders of two supposed grest nations such as the US and UK it's laughable/terrifying that these are the people expected to lead us out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.