COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s about 10 - 15 degrees in Wuhan

Japan is between 8 and 12 around now

Iran around 10.

Northern Italy will be around 10.

Nothing like a bit of amateur geography. Just because you have to get on a plane to get there doesn’t mean it’s hot.

So just doing a quick check, in Tehran its around 18-20 degrees at the moment and Milan about 15-19. Wuhan is also getting up to about 20 degrees during the day.

So I'd suggest you actually fact check, before calling other people out.

From the Guardian:

“In the province of Lodi, and even more so, in Codogno, there’s a net reduction in the number of positive cases,” said Giulio Galleria, the welfare councillor for Lombardy, the region worst affected.

If locking down can slow the rate in just over a fortnight, Italy’s decision to extend the policy appears understandable.
Italy is somewhat different to the uk though, with regards to levels of preparedness for an outbreak like this. Not only that, but you need quite a lot of confirmed cases before you do what Italy has done or you could be doing it for months. Imagine Italy gets to April 3rd with no more cases, what do they do next? Will Italy be open or closed on April 4th? Business will be desperate to get going again, tourism is a huge sector for Italy but, if they open up and someone from another country takes the virus back in, what then? It’s a dilemma for sure but, whilst the politicians are taking advice from the people who’ve been planning for this stuff for years, I think we are currently doing the best thing for the country, for the time being at least.

And his band of brothers
clv6U9F.jpg

So just doing a quick check, in Tehran its around 18-20 degrees at the moment and Milan about 15-19. Wuhan is also getting up to about 20 degrees during the day.

So I'd suggest you actually fact check, before calling other people out.

shall I pick an area of northern Italy and Iran over the last few weeks to prove my point . Have you skied in northern Italy ?

it’s not hot as fuck though is it which he claimed which was the point ww was making that hopefully when it gets warmer it will help control the virus.

Wuhan average temp january and feb when this was spreading 8 - 11

Tehran jan and feb average 8-11

hopefully to ww point when it gets hotter it will subside. It’s a new virus so nobody knows,

Last edited:
Chief medical officer just been on breakfast news saying it’s safe to be in large gatherings ie Cheltenham whereas Italy, China etc is in lock down what the fuck!! mixed messages or what

Was watching that interview and during it she did say if possible it's still good if you can keep a metre apart. I mean just WTF as she ever been to a Cheltenham festival.

And we do everything we can to avoid being diagnosed with cancer and you can’t catch cancer by attending a sporting event and mixing with people with cancer.

Yet again, your whataboutisms plumb the depth.

And he didn’t claim 1% was apocalyptical, did he.
Mock all you want. You clearly are a pretty unpleasant person.

So this is apocalyptic?? A 1% death rate! Really ? I'm guessing you have been lucky enough in your life to have not had much adversity or serious illness in your family. Unfortunately I have. Unfortunately Cancer has affected my family and close friends very badly. 380,000 people will be diagnosed with Cancer this year in the UK and about 170,000 people will die and 1 in 3 of us in our life will get cancer.

I know you are really good at maths Chippy so you work out the how deadly Cancer is compared to Coronavirus.

And then come back and tell me how apocalytic a 1% or a 4% death rate is? Sure it's terrible and we should be doing all we can to avoid it. But I'm guessing that even you, one of the most pessimistic people on this thread (or a realist as you like to say) kind of thinks that in a couple of years time mankind will have developed a vaccine for this flu virus and it will fortunately be nearly eradicated. Sadly despite medical advances we are likely to be several decades away from such a result with Cancer. Perhaps you should think on that my my friend before your next apocalyptic post.
When cancer becomes contagious or infectious you will have a point.
Until then your post is bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.