COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine that Cheltenham is probably far more dangerous than football due to the preponderance of cash. Again, just an opinion, but i would think that some virus hanging around for a few hours on bank notes is a far bigger risk than any random outdoor transmission and the number of hands a bank note might go through in a day is huge.

Haven't been to the races but while I imagine cash is more prevalent, most bookies take cashless these days so maybe it's not as much as you think. That said, at least going cashless at these events could be a pragmatic step if we're going to let them go ahead. Removing cash from the equation still leaves a lot of risk in place at the football though. Food/drink vendors, toilet doors, people in close proximity for an extended period of time etc I think we'll see matches go behind closed doors in a couple of weeks and we'll be left wondering why we didn't just do it sooner.

Verry true. I would not have gone to Cheltenham if i had arranged it this week. There is no way i would get on a cruise ship right now either. I would be less botheerd about a football match though. I guess there is a level of risk with everuything and it is up to each indviduial right now what they do. Give it a few weeks and that decisions might be made for us.
Whilst not disagreeing with any of that, it does make me smile, a little at least, when random people who are stuck on a cruise ship describe it as like 'being in prison'...

Haven't been to the races but while I imagine cash is more prevalent, most bookies take cashless these days so maybe it's not as much as you think. That said, at least going cashless at these events could be a pragmatic step if we're going to let them go ahead. Removing cash from the equation still leaves a lot of risk in place at the football though. Food/drink vendors, toilet doors, people in close proximity for an extended period of time etc I think we'll see matches go behind closed doors in a couple of weeks and we'll be left wondering why we didn't just do it sooner.
Viruses can live on bank cards too.

They might take cashless but they don't pay out cashless!!

Weirdly for the point you’re trying to prove, the “bollocks talkers” are quoting real figures and experts. Where as the ones saying everything will be ok once the sun comes out are basing it on absolutely fuck all.
I wasn't basing my comments particularly on this thread, just in general bluemoon activity.

But in regards to CV 'bollocks talkers' there are a few on here no matter what the end result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.