Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Its more likely than not unless Governments of all persuasion and the WHO and major companies announce a miracle antiviral cure that puts this virus in the category of the common cold in the next two weeks the seasons will be curtailed.

A lot of cooperation and fast medical breakthroughs would have to eventuate to even contemplate the 20-21 season starting on time.

Let's hope then they close places like the Trafford Centre, Bullring Centre, gyms, restaurants etc where people gather if they stop sporting events.

I should imagine that there will be a list as long as yer arm of exceptions but where the common denominator is a load of people - a train from Victoria at rush hour, Costa coffee shops on a Saturday morning?

It's just the UK and Germany holding out among the big footballing countries.
Depends on the region of Germany at the minute. Borussia Monchengladbach v Köln tomorrow is behind closed doors, but RB Leipzig isn't. At the weekend Schalke v Dortmund is behind closed doors, but Union Berlin v Bayern has spectators.

Its a moving feast and I think there is still time to change that before the weekend.

Its more likely than not unless Governments of all persuasion and the WHO and major companies announce a miracle antiviral cure that puts this virus in the category of the common cold in the next two weeks the seasons will be curtailed.

A lot of cooperation and fast medical breakthroughs would have to eventuate to even contemplate the 20-21 season starting on time.

Even if someone invented a cure yesterday it would take 6-12 months minimum before it passed enough testing to be used en mass.

Pep has just said in his Arsenal press conference "If Uefa say we have to play without spectators, we will. I would love to play with our fans. If it happens for a long time it makes no sense, but health is the most important thing. Getting it right in each country day by day."

Sounds to me like its UEFA's call

UK government call , UEFA cannot dicatate decisions on health in the UK , UEFA might think they rule europe and everything in it ,but Ceferin and his bent mates will be dancing to the UK's tune next week , if our health experts say it is safe Real, Tebas and UEFA can take a running jump. Prepare that banner :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.