General Videogame Thread

I've played it mate.

Absolutely loved it! I am a massive fanboy though for FF7. The battle system is great, a bit different to what FF7 battle system was but it had to move with the times.
Cheers, I'll give it a go later this week then. I knew it was going to abandon turn based, which is a shame as several other games have recently shown there is still an appetite for it, but I fear it's going to be the same repetitive style as the last major FF release.

I hated the battle system in FFXV, left me feeling very disconnected from the gameplay. Beautiful game, combat and the ending was a travesty. I hope this remake is different.

Just downloaded Far Cry 5 from humble bumble for just over a tenner, loved FC3 but skipped 4, so far enjoying it, as ever some fantastic open world scenery to mooch about in and plenty to shoot at.

4 is excellent. Played it through then started it again right away!

am about 15h into 5 but struggling to get to grips with it.

Playing Assassins Creed Odyssey on PC. Absolutely loving it, however the maps fucking huge and it's all getting a little bit 'samey'.

Anno 1800 is also being played. Pretty enjoyable and chilled game that is really enjoyable. A little bit of Frostpunk in there aswell.

Any PC gamers chuck me an add: viciousscotsman

I've played it mate.

Absolutely loved it! I am a massive fanboy though for FF7. The battle system is great, a bit different to what FF7 battle system was but it had to move with the times.

I could never kill that emerald fella in the ocean and I don't think I killed the fella in the desert either. Man I completed that fecker in the late 90s, them bloody chocobobos or whatever the hell they're called. Shinra, Midgar, sephiroth etc. Probably all spelled wrong and named wrong but a classic game

Just curious what everybodys all time favourite games are.
Mine would be:
Skyrim
Metal Gear Solid
Ico
Resident Evil DC
GTA 3
Medal Of Honour (ps1)
Technically the likes of RE2/4 and GTA Vice City took those games to another level, but all these where extraordinary games when I first played them.
What are youre favourites?

Last edited:
Mine would be:
Skyrim
Metal Gear Solid
Ico
Resident Evil DC
GTA 3
Medal Of Honour (ps1)
Technically the likes of RE2/4 and GTA2 took those games to another level, but all these where extraordinary games when I first played them.

Zelda Ocarina of time (N64) Absolutely no1 for me.

Zelda breath of the wild (about to buy a switch to play it again) (Wii U)

Legend of Zelda, links awakening (gameboy, with light/magnifying glass attachment)

Goldeneye (game changer for console FPS. Building cardboard creations on the TV so we couldn't see each others screens in multi-player is a fond memory) (N64)

Perfect dark (see above) (N64)

Sonic/Sonic the hedgehog 2 (Megadrive)

Road Rash (Megadrive)

Desert Storm (Megadrive)

GTA 5 (PS4)

Wcw vs NWO Revenge (N64)

Diddy Kong racing (N64)

Mario Kart (they're all quality)

Alot of these are mainly based on the multi-player component. Playing games in a room with friends and family seems to be in decline. Sad really, as it's definitely the most fun you can have with games.

Goldeneye - N64
Mario Kart 64 - N64
Super Mario Bros 3 - SNES
Bioshock - PS4
Farcry 4 - PS4
Crash Bandicoot - PS1
GTA Vice City - PS2

Mine would be:
Skyrim
Metal Gear Solid
Ico
Resident Evil DC
GTA 3
Medal Of Honour (ps1)
Technically the likes of RE2/4 and GTA2 took those games to another level, but all these where extraordinary games when I first played them.

Final Fantasy X
Life Is Strange
Skies of Arcadia
Fallout 3
Skyrim
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Secret of Monkey Island 1 & 2 + Curse of Monkey Island
Diablo
Championship Manager 97/98
Shenmue

Was tempted to put a few of my favourite Amiga and Toshiba MSX games down too, but that just make me look ancient :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.