United (a) post-match thread

When we are a goal down and against a double decker in front us while searching for key to break them down , first player that comes to my mind is David fucking Silva . It’s should’ve been him instead of Mendy.

When we are a goal down and against a double decker in front us while searching for key to break them down , first player that comes to my mind is David fucking Silva . It’s should’ve been him instead of Mendy.
Let it go we could be 15pts in front of them by tomorrow night,they don't mean fack all anymore.

Of course, Pep had a game plan. Even an amateur would have a game plan. However, no plan guarantees success. They had a plan when we spanked them 3:1 and were lucky to concede just 3 goals. The best plan comes to nothing when the team concedes goals from bad mistakes. The first goal gave them confidence and additional energy, and confused us a bit. Apart from that, several players were given a chance to show they could start in the big games in the CL but didn't grab it.

Post-match analyses tend to represent the outcome as perfectly logical and erase the contingencies involved in the game. Had the referee not given them that foul, the outcome might have been completely different, and the analyses as well.
He had a Plan it was the same plan that failed previously.

He had a Plan it was the same plan that failed previously.

The previous game at Old Trafford was 3:1 City. And the game there before that was 2:0 City.

The outcome of games depends on multiple factors: the quality of the players, tactics, luck, individual mistakes, referee decisions, etc. etc.

Then I wasn't addressing you.

What I will say to you is that the idea that the players didn't put in a modicum of effort is plain nonsense. They put in plenty of effort; could they have put in a bit more? Maybe but it wasn't lack of effort that prevented them winning: it was not achieving a sufficiently high level of performance in terms of quality.
each to their own
what i saw was an half arsed performance right through the team
we have had too many this year,
if Kevin had played he would have made something happen with his sheer determination and drive
for me,for a derby,those players needed a bollicking for their lack of effort and passion and noone will tell or convince me otherwise.

The worrying thing is that even at an advanced age, Dave is still our 2nd most creative passer of the ball behind Kev. There's a bloody big hole to fill. If we do get any form of ban I'd be asking Dave to hang around for another year. He's still one of most influential players.

each to their own
what i saw was an half arsed performance right through the team
we have had too many this year,
if Kevin had played he would have made something happen with his sheer determination and drive
for me,for a derby,those players needed a bollicking for their lack of effort and passion and noone will tell or convince me otherwise.
The little leg up we've given the red shite in the league is beyond ridiculous, can't believe there's blues saying it doesn't matter that they beat us. I'm stunned by it.

The little leg up we've given the red shite in the league is beyond ridiculous, can't believe there's blues saying it doesn't matter that they beat us. I'm stunned by it.
My wife will reluctantly accept us getting beat by any team other than the rags and the scousers. I wont accept getting beat by any team especially that shower from the swamp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.