Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I also find odd is that Pep has refused to go back to 343 even though we looked in that system both times we've used it and it let's us utilize Angelino, Mendy and Cancelo more freely.

Dont understand his thinking sometimes.

His position doesn't exist in our formation. We play with our leftback tucked in as a playmaker. His role at PSV was to provide width and whip in crosses, much like our fullbacks those few times we played 3ATB

It's weird how we've changed our fullbacks roles since Mendy's injury and with Delph and then Zinchenko as replacements. Because in the beginning Mendy offered width and wipped in crosses like a madman. To the point were Sané was redundant and began to get benched. I wonder why we don't change back, however Mendy seems worse at crossing than before

We changed fullback roles when Mendy was injured because Delph and Zinch were midfielders and couldn't do what Mendy does. They don't have the pace to go up and down the pitch. IMO Sané was benched because of how good Bernardo was last season. He was still a good plan b option to have to stretch teams when needed. This is what we are lacking right now. Someone who can get behind defenders while having the LB provide a secondary left cross. Angelino is the best of the 3 going forward, but all 3 struggle especially when Laporte isn't behind them. So if Angelino was to bomb forward in our team we'd struggle on counter attacks even more.

3 at the back is an option, but this will mean more defensive work for a player like De Bruyne. If our fullbacks push on, the midfielders can't get forward as much. When we played 3 at the back De Bruyne was playing as a double pivot. Which means he won't be in as much positions to create. Also the fullbacks have to provide the width and put in more crosses which opposition don't mind defending atm. They are happy to let Mendy have the ball and cross knowing most times they'll deal with it as long as they stay compact.

Anyway I'm hoping that next season we can bring Angelino back with Laporte and another top CB.

25mil in the bank at least at this rate, we are going to need it with the overhaul we are looking at.

I understand Angeleno had a very good game last night including setting up the winner. I didn’t see the game but I guess the lad is improving and so should be his market value.

So, we suddenly choose to adopt the system that would best suit Angelino, but we’ve loaned him out because we don’t play that way, yet seeing as we’re giving it a try in an important game, we’ll just have a go with a right back instead. Strange decisions, strange season.
Hope he goes on and wins it.

Angelino transfer speculation thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.