Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Who says the players don't want to play. Players wont want to put themselves and their families at risk but once the 14 days have gone, where's the risk?

If 250 if England have it, it's manageable. if it goes to ten thousand then you get these problems where everyone starts to know someone or has contact with someone who has it.

Up until now, I'd only thought about the safety of the fans, but this is a reminder that the players come into it too.

I think we should also remind ourselves that at the moment very few people have been diagnosed with the virus.
It does seem it’s quite difficult to get a diagnosis, quite a few hurdles to jump before you get tested. The vast majority of those that are ringing 111 and are not being tested probably don’t have the virus. But it could be that thousands of people have the virus but just haven’t been tested

Did you hear about some Iranians who heard that alcohol kills the virus (true) but who killed themselves through alcohol poisoning?

I am waiting for someone to invent a modified mask that not only provides a physical barrier to anti-viral particles but kills the virus. A soapy mask? Must be possible.

Remember London plague and ring-a-ring a roses a pocket full of posies, a tissue a tissue we all fall down?
Apparently quite a few people attending the Cheltenham festival are expressing their belief that large consumption of alcohol kills the virus

And Valencia and Atalanta fans still turned up in their thousands for the game. That will happen for our game too.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-outside-Mestalla-despite-told-stay-away.html
(Sorry for the link but its the only paper that reported the story that was on some of the sports channels.)

That's what I was saying the other day. Imagine they did it here next week when the scousers could win the league at home to Palace. It would be more dangerous than letting them all in.

The PL nor the CL will be cancelled. All will probably end up being behind closed doors. Far to much money invested in these for them to be cancelled or postponed with EUROPA 2020 coming up.

Euro 2020 will be pushed back a year.
Leagues and cups will be suspended and restart in summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.