Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Will be absolutely gutted if we can't be in the stands to watch... only silver lining is I wouldn't exactly be gutted to see that £30 reappear in my bank account at the moment. Every cloud.

We will all have to watch and see what happens. I think that should another club have the same problem that has effected Arsenal. Then the Government will be seriously thinking of either closing down all football for 2/3 weeks or playing behind close doors. However they will be taking advice from both the health department, and the governing football authorities, as to which is the best thing to do. As to which will contain the virus best for all concerned.

If it’s behind closed doors, ill still come up cause got train and hotel booked.

Go Mary d’s instead ;)

Don’t see how playing behind closed doors is going to protect the players and staff, including the groundsmen and the ball boys ( or will the players go into the stands to get the ball back ? )

I am confident that UEFA will come up with a suitable solution ... to allow Real to go through to the next round after which this seasons competition will then be cancelled. Using UEFA coefficients Real Madrid will then be awarded the trophy because really it is theirs as they have won it so many times in the past !
CTID

All members of Olympiakos staff and players have tested negative for coronavirus. They are the safest team on the planet to play against right now.
They still have to fly there, then travel from the airport to the hotel and stadium, still have to use their facilities etc. They should just refuse, tell uefa to eff off, then let's see how uefa react to that.

They still have to fly there, then travel from the airport to the hotel and stadium, still have to use their facilities etc. They should just refuse, tell uefa to eff off, then let's see how uefa react to that.

So they still have to do what every other football team in Europe is doing.

If you don't want to play games, that's fine, but Wolves only had an issue when the Olympiakos owner tested positive in case their team was exposed, and since they tested negative that complaint disappears.

Youre conflating 2 separate issues - 1) Playing any football matches and 2) Playing this specific football match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.