Arsenal (h) - MATCH POSTPONED (tweets on page 16)

Arsenal (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So...Premier League Champions:-
2017/18 - Man City
2018/19 - Man City
2019/20 - Season suspended due to CoronaVARus
2020/21 - Man City

If Carling did ironic seasons eh?

ps. City will still hold the record of points in a season...

I have flights booked in and out of Manchester for next Tuesday. Tickets are not reimbursable. Also two nights at the hotel. Not reimbursable. I also got one of the last tickets available at the Etihad. I presume the ticket will not be reimbursable.
But if the match is cancelled, or played behind closed doors, I will bite the bullet, and completely accept it. What follows is quoted from the latest issue of the London Review of Books, from a very informative, balanced article called “Wash Your Hands” by Rupert Beale, himself a senior scientist at the Francis Crick institute:

I received an email from a colleague in infectious diseases. His message was in no way reassuring. He made three main points:

1. This is not business as usual. This will be different from what anyone living has ever experienced. The closest comparator is 1918 influenza.

2. early social distancing is the best weapon we have to combat Covid-19.

3. Humanity will get through this fine, but be prepared for major changes in how we function and behave as a society until either we’re through the pandemic or we have mass immunisation available.

Wake up, people. We're not messing around here. I'm not calling for panic — at all — but it has to be recognised that this is potentially the biggest public health crisis on a global scale in your lifetimes. It may not be. Even the hundreds of virologists who are currently working like maniacs on this simply aren't sure how virulent this is. The incubation period can be up to five days — that means that you can be walking around giving it to people for up to five days without even knowing you've got it yourself. So far — so far — the figures are ‘better’ than for SARS. It was up to a 15% mortality rate for all subjects who got that virus — never mind their age, or their general health. It's not even close to that if you're young (twenties, thirties, forties) and with no declared special condition like diabetes or a chronic respiratory disorder. About 1% so far worldwide. Elderly people are much more at risk, apparently — your parents, your grandparents, maybe yourselves (I'm 66, so maybe starting to move into that category, although I'm pretty fit). Best case scenario for a vaccine is apparently the end of the year. Sorry, that is when they expect to be able to start testing on human subjects. That was according to a programme on Radio 4 devoted to it the other day.
It would be great if the dippers were deprived of their league title but, all joking aside: yes, there are in fact some things more important than football.

The decision concerning tonight's match is the prudent one.

I see that they've already managed to test all the Forest players (tested negative) - so they could easily have tested Arsenal players and gone ahead with this game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.