Earliest City match attended by a forum member

We’ve still not found a forum member who was at the Trautmann 1956 Cup Final, although one poster was at the 1955 Cup Final defeat. Anyone?
Yes.
Fourth City match I saw. Two at Maine Road in between. But memories of both finals come more from books and youtube now than from being there.

Went to Bloomfield Road October 4th 1947. A beautiful sunny early autumn day

Got the Finglands coach (anyone remember them?) from near Birch Villa in Rusholme with dad & elder brother. Blackpool were crack team in those days, Matthews and Mortensen et al. We drew 1-1, think Morty scored for them. The rest of the game has disappeared from my memory, apart from the tannoy playing Glenn Miller's American Patrol as the crowd was leaving at full time. Strange selective thing, the memory. If I heard the tune again, I'd go back in time to Bloomfield Road on that sunny day.

I love this thread. I could dredge up some more old memories, but I won't bore you any more than I already have.
Went to a few aways with my dad swifty in the sixties hackets sharrar.

Went to Bloomfield Road October 4th 1947. A beautiful sunny early autumn day

Got the Finglands coach (anyone remember them?) from near Birch Villa in Rusholme with dad & elder brother. Blackpool were crack team in those days, Matthews and Mortensen et al. We drew 1-1, think Morty scored for them. The rest of the game has disappeared from my memory, apart from the tannoy playing Glenn Miller's American Patrol as the crowd was leaving at full time. Strange selective thing, the memory. If I heard the tune again, I'd go back in time to Bloomfield Road on that sunny day.

I love this thread. I could dredge up some more old memories, but I won't bore you any more than I already have.

Keep them coming mate.
My first game didn't arrive until April 1971 (1-1 v Chelsea), but
I''m sure I'm not the only one who loves reading the stories from the 40s, 50s, and early 60s, particularly the away games.

Southampton home 1978, got a tour of the stadium before the game and remember seeing Paul Power in his pants having a massage before the game.

I remember Finglands coaches . They were the official coach transport for City for many years. If you look on Pathe news Football you will see them returning home with the team and cup in 1934 and 1956. I think their coaches were coloured yellow and orange and based on corner of Dickenson and Wilmslow road.

Funny enough i can not remember the first ever Game i was that young.

I was sat on the Wall of the Kippax as a toddler with my legs through the railings in the 70s,as all us kids did back then.

A substitution was made the name "Keegan" came up on the old electronic scoreboard (for us).I turned to my Uncle and asked if it was Kevin Keegan. All the Blues near by were pissing them selves.

I was really young.:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.