Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

We all know the drill
Liverpool are allowed to host the other Madrid team, but City will be forced to play behind closed doors, and in doing so, lose all the impetus from the First Leg

That's how it works I'm afraid.
I’ve been saying this for over a week now. Can just see it happening.

Christ the agenda brigade have gone a step higher with this one.
Not agenda, just luck and timing.

Story of the season. Like me flying over 5,000 to watch the West Ham game only for my Dad to die that morning and it to be called off.

I honestly do not see how the season can be completed. These are extraordinary circumstances and regardless of teams being pissed off about missing out on promotions and winning stuff sometimes things happen and are more important.

If the season cannot be completed then it has to be expunged. No champions no relegations no promotions.

In terms of European qualification for next season then all that can really be done is the positions at what point the league is suspended determine who qualify.

As for the Euros they are not due to happen until June. There is a very small chance that by then it will be safe to play. Chances are it will not be and may have to be cancelled all together as it is hard to see when you could play it. Perhaps later in the summer or as some have suggested next summer. Though how that will work given the World cup qualifying and is the Confederation Cup due to be played sometime around then?

There is not much appetite for playing games behind closed doors, and there is little doubt you are going to get players infected teams quarantined therefore unable to play.

What about players from other countries who may not wish to be here or Spain Germany but in their own country with their families. More so if they are from a country where it is less prevalent.

I would be amazed if 2 weeks from now there is any football being played in this country, infact if there is either by some miracle the virus will be rapidly disappearing or there will be grounds for criminal prosecution being rightly brought against those who let it continue. The emergency services have to cover football, and they will be far to busy to have the worry of having to attend incidents caused by holding a mass attended event.
I agree, they can't just stop all football and say these are the winners, these go down, this is the play offs. There's still so much to play for and Liverpool haven't mathematically won it yet. Nor could they pick FA Cup or CL winners. If they're stopping some games, be consistent and stop everything. How many Atletico fans are going to Liverpool today, 3000? From a country that is experiencing high contagion rises. Bizarre

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.