COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So forgive me if I’m wrong. Once you have the virus and develop antibodies for it, you’ll become immune to it?
Having had the virus you could become a sleeping time bomb (when ever you have a cold, sneezes or coughs this virus will always be in your system).
My thoughts are, unless a vaccine is found this virus will keep coming back until everyone has been infected.

Something like the Spanish/ Dutch/ British and Portugués voyages in the 15th 16th centuries?
Hi mate, I’ve not read anything that suggests that once you’re fully recovered, another cold (which would be a different corona virus) would mean you could pass Covid-19 on to anyone else.

Once your body has produced antibodies and killed the virus, it’s gone and you are likely immune. It won’t then remain dormant (like herpes for instance).

Yeah I wasn't too convinced about the temperature either from what I have read. I even edited that bit a little as the guy was saying that the virus absolutely hates the sun. The other stuff seems very plausible though hence why I decided to forward it etc.

Just saw that.

The fact that the NIH were testing aerosol transmission, and found some evidence that is possible (guidance has been shifting back and forth on this for months), is very concerning given that increases the probability of transmission in dense population centres.

Just more reason to continue to take reasonable measures to optimise personal hygiene and isolate as you are able.

I was a bit confused about that section - does that mean it’s airborne or just stays suspended in the air in droplets from coughs and sneezes? I naively thought the droplets would drop to whichever surface they landed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.