Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

This may well be true BUT look at who is reporting it. This, I believe, is just guess work. They don't actually know and you lot fall for it. You are always on about the lies and sh1te put out by the media.

What happens when all the players, coaching staff, stadium staff start contracting the virus?
Every other business will strive to continue operating if/when they have 1/5th of their workforce off sick or in isolation. Football teams will need to do the same. The whole point of the Delay strategy is to prevent large numbers being sick at the same time. If players do get sick or need to self-isolate it should only be for a couple of weeks and maybe another week to get their fitness back. Play the kids if necessary.

Every other business will strive to continue operating if/when they have 1/5th of their workforce off sick or in isolation. Football teams will need to do the same. The whole point of the Delay strategy is to prevent large numbers being sick at the same time. If players do get sick or need to self-isolate it should only be for a couple of weeks and maybe another week to get their fitness back. Play the kids if necessary.
So basically it’s going to be an ill thought out shambles?

They should’ve brought more
ConstantVapidKagu-size_restricted.gif

I'm fairly certain that even with a huge lead a team cannot be awarded the title without the season being completed as it is possible that a club could be docked points for unregistered players and failure to fulfil fixtures etc. I know it's a real shitter for pool fans but sometimes the cookie crumbles to dust. The reality is that once people's family start getting ill, even the most ardent dipper won't give a toss about football.

I can see this shutdown continuing until August 2021, and quite how teams and players continue to function is anyone's guess. One thing is for certain however, and that is Shankly's saying of 'football being more important than life and death' will forever be proved to be utter nonsense.
My understanding is that there are no existing rules governing this type of situation. It would be up to the PL clubs to decide how to resolve the league standings. And I would be very surprised if many or any clubs would vote against Liverpool being awarded the title. Their greater preoccupation would be on reaching an agreement on the european spots for next season and relegation.

What happens when all the players, coaching staff, stadium staff start contracting the virus?

This is why it should be either scrapped or put back until the summer and the Euro's scrapped. We have had a game postponed already because ONE man came into contact with some of the Arsenal team. It is inconceivable to think teams aren't going to come into contact with a person who has it, be that a security guard, a restaurant worker, a groundsman, anyone who works at a club. That then puts that club into isolation and adds more postponements.

I think..
1. Announce Liverpool as winners and City as runners up
2. No relegation from PL
3. Promotion of top 2 from Championship (no playoffs)
4. Figure out CL spots later ... maybe playoff in the summer in Antartica.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.