Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

My understanding is that there are no existing rules governing this type of situation. It would be up to the PL clubs to decide how to resolve the league standings. And I would be very surprised if many or any clubs would vote against Liverpool being awarded the title. Their greater preoccupation would be on reaching an agreement on the european spots for next season and relegation.
Honestly don't think that would be possible tbh mate, there's no real formula that could be applied, think the only way is to see the season out closed doors (which I think is a ridiculous option) or null and void the whole league season.

I think..
1. Announce Liverpool as winners and City as runners up
2. No relegation from PL
3. Promotion of top 2 from Championship (no playoffs)
4. Figure out CL spots later ... maybe playoff in the summer in Antartica.
Two extra teams in the premier and two less in the championship?

I think..
1. Announce Liverpool as winners and City as runners up
2. No relegation from PL
3. Promotion of top 2 from Championship (no playoffs)
4. Figure out CL spots later ... maybe playoff in the summer in Antartica.
And who goes down from the Premiership?

Or are we going back to a 22-team Division?

I think this is definitely off. The only reason for the delay is that City have pleaded with the government to hold off announcing it, so they can give fans as little notice as possible.

Are you being serious??

Behind closed doors or not, can the players be expected to follow the medical advice to 'catch it, bin it, kill it' as they dredge up the contents of their lungs and noses?
Sorry about airing my pet hate again and sorry for the air pun.

Honestly don't think that would be possible tbh mate, there's no real formula that could be applied, think the only way is to see the season out closed doors (which I think is a ridiculous option) or null and void the whole league season.
I think the options open to them could be:

1 Try to get the City v arsenal and Sheffield v villa fixtures played behind closed doors so that all teams have played the same number of games and then freeze the standings

2 if that’s not possible base the league standings on average points per game.

I agree it will be very difficult for them to reach an agreement, because of vested interests, but the same also applies to declaring the season null and void. It will be whichever option can gain 14 votes.

Two extra teams in the premier and two less in the championship?
For a season and then adjust the next season or 2.

4 extra games per PL team. Maybe increase the squad size to allow for this. Start earlier, cancel the league cup, end later, force clubs to play x% youth players etc.

I know its Liverpool but I think so far into the season its unfair to void it and behind closed doors isnt fair on the players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.