Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

It's all leagues mate, championship, 7 teams separated by 3 points for relegation, League 1, 7 teams separated by 3 points for promotion, League 2 top 5 teams, only 5 points apart.

VAR. video assisted relegation.

There would be uproar but the government calling a state of emergency or similar would scupper all claims, like in the war.

Just cancel the Euro's, suspend football until May/June then if the situation is under control resume it. None of this behind closes doors shit, anyway if a few players catch it what happens then?

Government is consulting on emergency legislation so I’d assume there will be provisions to make it a legal obligation to self isolate etc. Probably be all sorts of short term measures to protect businesses that can’t provide services from wholesale legal claims etc for a fixed period of time.

Will be behind closed doors. The situation is changing daily, it is likely European competitions will be cancelled this season in my opinion.

I think..
1. Announce city as winners and Liverpool as runners up based on their past history of bottling it
2. No relegation from PL
3. Promotion of top 2 from Championship (no playoffs)
4. Figure out CL spots later ... maybe playoff in the summer in Antartica.

I agree

I have no idea , but have read somewhere that the rules state , if a season can't be finished the season is void. Don't know where to look for the rules but they must be out there somewhere.

There are two different rule books, the rags/ dippers one and the one everyone else has to abide by. Rumours of a third one just for us

To state the obvious: It is possible that the infection peaks and then declines before the season is timetabled to finish.

China and South Korea especially used science to fight the virus. We are about 2-3 weeks behind them. The virus is the same, we are the same. Copy them and know that in weeks everything will look much better.

Being a realist, we are not going to copy them but societies have still taken drastic measures e.g. Italy. Perhaps wait and see what happens there. I expect that they will get the virus under control and predictions about the end of the English football season will turn out to be premature fear.

I want Liverpool's KO to be meaningful. We want a new Champion of Europe, and why not Manchester City?

Given how much money goes to each of the PL/EFL clubs based on placing at the end of the season, if the season is null and void they cannot conceivably be given any money, therefore very interestingly handicapping several clubs from keeping afloat, out of debt, paying off debt, or even putting toward new signings.

The impact of this is staggering but compared to human life it’s a no brainier to me. Why not just for once, those spineless, arrogant, money grabbing, cheating so called protectors of our national game, think logically, (I know) divide those funds up equally for each division from the leagues and cups and give to those clubs that will inevitably suffer hardship and potential winding up orders. Football won’t matter soon anyway. This is not going to go away in a month or two, this could take 12-18 months to get to grips with.

Bollocks to the 'live stream in home idea'. That isn't compensating me for anything. I pay for 3 STs for me and my 2 sons so we can attend matches, not sit round a computer watching a (doubtlessly) stuttering, crap stream, whilst being constantly mithered by the Mrs, daughter and dog (that's 3 separate beings btw, I'm not from Charlesworth ;))

Refuse to train etc. I can see it happening.

I think clubs will be conducting their own risk assessments and following the NBA decision they will be looking to protect the players. I honestly think all sport should be suspended immediately and the 2019/20 ended now. Clubs should start a new season as if this season had not occurred in August if conditions are appropriate. No promotion, no relegation. Our LC win was completed and so can stand. All CL results should be null and void. In September they should do a new daw with this years teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.