Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The newspaper report I read, a few weeks ago admittedly so I can’t remember where, suggested that unless the season reaches a normal conclusion there would have to be one. Simply because the existing rules do not specify how they would deal with a truncated season. The article argued that the PL’s main priority would be be to avoid the inevitable legal challenges from succeeding. To achieve that they would have to follow their existing approaches as far as possible, which is where the two thirds majority comes in.
Fair enough, but I personally don't think it will go to a vote

The number of new cases in South Korea went from 700 a day to around 100 a day in the course of a week. The peak can form and collapse in a very short time.

cfvoJkK.png

You are right it will be with us for months, if not forever given that it's in animals and is going to constantly mutate, but we'll have a vaccine soon. And I read this morning that in Africa they are working on producing a test that can provide a result in ten minutes.
All well and good, but let's see in the virus comes back to China when they fully get back to work.

inwouod he content Liverpool being awarded the League and being unable to beat our points records.

The FA Cup could be played out in the Summer when hopefully the virus is causing less damage. We could pull out if the euros as a nation.
My solution.

1) Cancel the league
2) Award the dippers the title. Annoying but fair, really.
3) Nobody relegated
4) Euro slots is the difficult bit, clubs will moan one way or the other, it might have to be based on what the positions are based on every team having played each other once
5) Next season, plan on two regional leagues to reduce games because there's a chance this virus could re-appear in winter if there's no vaccine in the mean time.

God knows what the championship and leagues below do.

inwouod he content Liverpool being awarded the League and being unable to beat our points records.

The FA Cup could be played out in the Summer when hopefully the virus is causing less damage. We could pull out if the euros as a nation.

I'd go with that. I gave up on them winning it ages ago so I'd happily settle for no title party at Anfield & no open top bus parade etc.
Not that I'm vindictive, of course..............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.