Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Are you a bit thick?

Fucking hilarious isn't it? Yesterday we had people in the Arsenal postponed thread saying that we'd been stitched up by Arsenal, and now this is a deliberate ploy by Real Madrid to fuck us over. Yep, nothing to do with a global pandemic and it's all just a conspiracy against City ffs!

Is it in lockdown or have they just closed schools?

BREAKING: Ireland going into lockdown until March 29. Taoiseach Varadkar orders schools & colleges to close, outdoor gatherings over 500 & indoor over 100 to be cancelled, urges people to work from home.

Allo, Allo....

Coronavirus: Real Madrid footballers in quarantine leads to La Liga suspension

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51853524

Spanish top flight La Liga has been suspended for "at least the next two rounds of matches" as a result of the Real Madrid squad going into quarantine because of coronavirus.

It comes after a Real Madrid basketball player, who shares training facilities with the La Liga club, tested positive for the virus.

Real are due to play at Manchester City in the Champions League on Tuesday.

The Spanish club has closed the facilities of its sports city.

"The recommendation has been made to quarantine both the basketball first team and the football first team, given that the two squads share facilities in Ciudad Real Madrid," a Real statement said.

La Liga said it will "revaluate" the situation following the completion of quarantine "in the affected clubs and other possible situations that may arise."

Real, who are second in La Liga, were due to host Eibar on Friday, and had already cancelled all pre-match media duties.

I’m a little surprised to see so many blues suggesting that LiVARpool should be awarded the title - even if all league fixtures are not completed. I can in some respects accept that view as a reasonable and rational response in most circumstances. However, let’s put all of this into context. Liverpool orchestrated an unprecedented media campaign last spring to overshadow and undermine our unprecedented domestic achievements. Liverpool as a club have targeted and poached our staff and actively sought to weaken us both legally and illegally. To date they have got away with a proven case of hacking our scouting system. Finally, these self righteous murdering vermin are front and centre in the FFP case against us and are one of the clubs pushing for our club to be banned from European competition. Keep your focus blues... I wouldn’t want the Dippers to get anything - we should do whatever we can to weaken them. They are our enemy and we are at war. Remember that.
Agreed, I wouldn't sell those bastards a...ahem a virus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.