Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

exactly it’s never over until it’s over.

Void this Premier league and start over in August if the coronavirus is solved by then.

what’s the point in postponing? You postpone for two weeks, two weeks pass the situation stays the same or gets worse and you postpone again.

the virus is still growing, even in China albeit very slowly, the growth is still there, when do you claim it’s safe and start playing again?
It’ll be at least 6 months before you can say everyone’s had it and it’s gone. I can see this effecting next season as well. There’s no way they’ll risk it starting back up for a few football games.

The only logical solution is to postpone the domestic competitions across Europe for 4 weeks with games to resume 2 weeks later, players training. Then be review in two weeks and every 2 weeks depending upon the situation To accommodate it the European Nations Championships should be postpone for one year and all international games cancelled for 1 year as the outbreak is likely to return next winter

that's called being sensible.

City 10 games to play, 57 pts.
Win 10/10, finish on 87 pts.
Dippers 9 games to play, 82 pts.

Win 2 or get 6/27 possible pts, finish on 88 pts.

Has a team ever won 10/10? Of course, City did more than once.
Has a team ever failed to get 6/27 pts?
Sunderland lost 9 in a row in 2006.

Calling the league over before the league is over means a trip to the high court.
Not only for title award but for the European places, EPL prize money and relegation. West Ham went to court over the Tevez situation remember.

Play offs? With PGMOL &VAR?
What if you are 1pt from safety for relegation and then lose your play off games? Do you get relegated?

Scrap the season.
Stand by for Dipper meltdown.

Liverpool's current form 2 wins in 6, would give them 9/27, but I think we probably should look at their trajectory - 5 wins and a drawer in the previous six, so really zero points from now till the end of the season is exactly what the maths predicts.

Think symptoms don't show up for a couple of days so there is no way knowing for sure straight away

I can live with Liverpool winning the league now - I’ve got used to it - it’s the fans I can’t stand so them winning the league in empty stadiums is nearly as great as the season being cancelled. It’ll kill them - mind you they’ll probably just break in .... again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.