The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

No. But will be shopping tomorrow and will have to get some bog roll...or a few newspapers if none available, that's all they are fit for anyway.

Wife just came back from Tesco with a couple of packs of toilet roll, is it certain areas that are affected? The cynic in me thinks that a lot of this hoarded stuff will be on sale in corner shops before very long.

Went round a few shops and got a few extra things like toilet roll for me and the GF. Feel sorry for the elderly and those pregnant.
Even bought a pump soap at £3 fs

I just don’t get the toilet roll thing. It doesn’t give you the shits and you can wash your ass in the shower!!

No as Mrs J is a doomsday preper and we have enough of essentials to last for months ;)

I was going to say that I have stocked up on Vodka, coke and magners, but then that is just my usual Thursday routine....
I have a freezer with plenty of meat, normal monthly shop, a 7.5 kilo bag of spuds (as normal) & a big container of pasta and one of rice as well as a few tins of tomatoes and fish, but I keep a supply of them for the week before payday

Is there some suggestion that the supply chain for toilet roll is going to be affected somehow? Otherwise in two weeks there will obviously be loads of the stuff as all the panic buyers will have a house full of it, so won't buy their weekly bog roll?

The tissue industry is the only paper making industry doing well in this country (technically it’s not Paper but hey ho) a decent machine has a line speed Of over a kilometre/min at 8 meters wide, some mills in the uk have 2/3 lines and huge converting halls, there will be no shortage.

The tissue industry is the only paper making industry doing well in this country (technically it’s not Paper but hey ho) a decent machine has a line speed Of over a kilometre/min at 8 meters wide, some mills in the uk have 2/3 lines and huge converting halls, there will be no shortage.
That's pretty much what I thought, minus the maths!

the traffic near me last weekend because of this bullshit was ridiculous....its like you're only allowed to panic buy at weekend....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.