United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
LASK v Man Utd

If you’ve never heard of them, then allow me to explain.

They’re a spiteful, hypocritical debt-ridden outfit from the North West of England, totally obsessed with size and the attendances in other team’s stadiums. They pinched their nickname from Salford Rugby League in the mid 60s, and their current goalkeeper was once accused of pinching doughnuts.

Their self-appointed voice of the people once boasted of twatting the unsuspecting City Left Winger Dave Wagstaffe, and then lying through his teeth to Matt Busby when quizzed about the incident.

They treated their air disaster victims like lepers, and played the race card to get their self-obsessed, collar wearing French prima donna off the criminal hook

Their fans love an in-joke unless it’s about them, in which case they resort to violence.

Ditto for football tragedies.

I see Bruno Fernandes says he told Pep to " shush " because he showed him no respect when coming off the pitch.

The truth is that Pep no doubt told him him what cheating twat he was, as he had not been fouled by Gundogan , and Mike Dean had played his rag card and given them an undeserved free kick.

Every fucking rag player buys into the hype surrounding that festering pile of shit of a club.

Or are they buying them to prop up the price?

@Prestwich_Blue
Usually share buybacks are done by companies with money to spend who don't have much else to spend it on. That's not something that's troubling the Glazers I'd imagine so we can probably discount that. But you have to wonder where they're getting the money from. Could be money from operating cash flow (which means they can't spend it on players) or more debt. One to watch I think.

Or it could be done by companies where the major shareholders want to ensure they retain control, so they buy up as many shares on the open market as they can to dilute the outstanding number. The fact that there are fewer shares does tend to drive the price up as fewer shares tends to lead to a higher value per share. But they're well in control of the voting shares so that can't be it.

The price has collapsed the last few days so they're fighting the general chaos in the market, which isn't a good time to try to increase the price. They're pissing in the wind. If they lose just another 50c tomorrow, they'll be at an all-time low. So there seems to be some desperation and it seems to bear out my theory, which I've expounded before, that they're using their own shares as collateral against debts incurred by some of their other companies, either the football one in the Cayman Isles or their property business. During the 2008 crash the value of their malls would certainly have decreased. A few went into liquidation and others were in default on their mortgage payments. Generally the lenders would want greater security for their loans and the only extra security they could offer was their shares in the rags. I think that would also explain why they haven't sold, even when the price was nearly double what it currently is.

So, if I'm right, they need to prop up the price to try to ensure they have adequate security for their various debts. That's one side of the equation but the other is that there could well be a global recession which will impact their mall properties, meaning they'd need even more security for their loans. They could possibly be in serious trouble if that happens. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.