UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nial quinn hates us ....what did we do to him

An ex-work colleague of mine (City fan / director of a major infrastructure company operating in central London / a bloke who got about) described to me that he met up with Nial Quinn, on the piss after a game many moons ago. He said that Quinn proved to be a good boozing companion, affable / pissed / talkative.
They were on the lash in Manchester, with others, and then shared a taxi out to the 4 seasons in Hale for more beers etc.
During the taxi ride, Quinn gave him the lowdown on his life as a player. My colleague told me that he asked Quinn about how he enjoyed playing for City and Quinn said it wasn't a choice. That his agent told him where he had to play and that he had no say in that. That was how things were at the time.
That was when the Irish troubles were still on the go and the Irish agents (or agents of Irish players) were connected to one side or the other and everything was quite heavy, so you can understand that choices were few maybe.
The gist of the story was that Quinn did what he was told to do, was paid good money for those days but wasn't in a position of choice. He didn't play for City because he loved City. He played for City because he was told to do so and he was bitter about it (as anyone might have been I'd suppose).
My take on it was that he was bitter about his life then and that he's continued like that ever since.

Glad at least someone's making sense . So well put here.

I thought, as usual, that Souness talks sense. Kerr sees quite clearly what the situation is. Quinn besides his couple of digs sees the situation but does not want to show City now or in the future in a good light. What I see in all these debates on City is that it is always an aggressive anti City host. I would like to see someone like Samuel being the chair for a change. I also think public opinion will change in favour of City the longer this case drags on, as supporters of clubs outside the cartel realise they have been duped and used by the cartel clubs.

In light of the detrimental effect of covid19 virus on sport and business, particularly the aviation industry, I had a random thought.
Is there likely to be a wave of state owned airlines going to their government owners, seeking financial support to ensure that they can meet their contractual obligations in respect of sponsorship deals, and if so , will uefa take careful note of where this money comes from?

An ex-work colleague of mine (City fan / director of a major infrastructure company operating in central London / a bloke who got about) described to me that he met up with Nial Quinn, on the piss after a game many moons ago. He said that Quinn proved to be a good boozing companion, affable / pissed / talkative.
They were on the lash in Manchester, with others, and then shared a taxi out to the 4 seasons in Hale for more beers etc.
During the taxi ride, Quinn gave him the lowdown on his life as a player. My colleague told me that he asked Quinn about how he enjoyed playing for City and Quinn said it wasn't a choice. That his agent told him where he had to play and that he had no say in that. That was how things were at the time.
That was when the Irish troubles were still on the go and the Irish agents (or agents of Irish players) were connected to one side or the other and everything was quite heavy, so you can understand that choices were few maybe.
The gist of the story was that Quinn did what he was told to do, was paid good money for those days but wasn't in a position of choice. He didn't play for City because he loved City. He played for City because he was told to do so and he was bitter about it (as anyone might have been I'd suppose).
My take on it was that he was bitter about his life then and that he's continued like that ever since.

Seem to remember him running out of the tunnel and urging the players on to get the winner which would help us avoid relegation. This despite the manager of the team telling the players to take the ball into the corner to secure the draw. After the game he described the day as the worst in his sporting life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.