US Soccer: Male footballers should earn more than women

That is why City men's and women's team are on the same money. It would be a better wind up if you didn't use pigeon English to hurl insults.

The bonuses are exactly what the article was on about.
City’s men and women play in different league’s, and if you had any savvy you’d know that there is salary caps in place for the FA WSL.

USA’s men and women play in different competitions.

if you had read my previous posts on this matter then you’d see where I stand.

If male and female play in same comp against or along side each other then pay parity.
If playing for international side (representing your country) then pay parity.
If you play different competition/ league’s then it’s up to the organisation to set a pay structure within the confines of income generated by that league/ competition.

if you had read my previous posts on this matter then you’d see where I stand.

If male and female play in same comp against or along side each other then pay parity.
If playing for international side (representing your country) then pay parity.
If you play different competition/ league’s then it’s up to the organisation to set a pay structure within the confines of income generated by that league/ competition.

Who funds the international associations?

I pretty confused by all this, seems to have been going on for years.

I understand the contracts between the sides are completely different. Womens paid monthly while the men every match.

Why doesn't it just come down to who is earning the most?

I agree with most of this, apart from the last sentence. The way I see it is the USA men’s team are competing against the best footballers in the world, so it’s far more entertaining.

Did you see USA vs Thailand in the women’s World Cup? I reckon I could put a team together with 10 mates that could have beaten the Thai team.

I don’t think people are sexist towards women, they just want to watch the best football.

For me, if you acknowledge the women aren’t as good, you can’t say I know you’d get battered by a League Two team, but you are woman so you can be paid as much as the people who are the best in the world at what they do.

Fuck it, I’ll identify as a woman and play in the women’s World Cup.
I get the argument, but in reality this equal pay is going to be anything but equal anyway, because the men's team will have lucrative club contracts too. If the male and female England players were getting paid the same, the men would still be earning millions more. I kind of get US Soccer's point of view. If FIFA refuse to give the same prize money, then it's not up to them to redistribute it (although they obviously could). In reality, the only way it is going to happen would be if the men's and women's World Cup were sold together as a package. That's the only reason it works with things like tennis. If you had separate men's and women's tennis tournaments, then you'd inevitably find that the men's brought in more money and could give more prize money. Having said that, I'm not sure that people care too much about seeing the best of a particular sport. Certainly in America, it seems like audiences would rather watch the women win the World Cup than watch the men fail to qualify in a better standard football match. Nobody watches Jessica Ennis at the Olympics and is unimpressed because the men run faster.

The women get more then men who get no basic. The men's world cup is worth 46 times as much as the women's, it is just down to economics, just like female models get more than the men as the women's fashion industry is worth more.
I'd also argue that if two people are being paid to walk down a catwalk wearing clothes, they should get paid the same. But then you have to take into account that individual models might be paid more on account of their fame and image. You're going to pay more to have Kate Moss appear rather than some random person. But in the case of two random models who no-one knows, they should be paid the same for doing the same work.

I did just have a quick google, and in the fashion industry, it might not be as simple as that though. Female models typically make all of their money when they are young, whereas for men, 30 to 50 are their peak years and so they have greater longevity on average.

The team that brings more money to game more eyeballs and more revenie must get paid more, if USWNT does that then they deserve it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.