Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If they did that they will have too relegate the teams at the bottom, because the teams at the top of the other leagues will also expect to be awarded the title and be promoted.
That is my hope. There'll be so many other teams arguing about relegation and promotion, it'll be really messy and couldn't be sorted . Dippers will claim giving them the title doesn't affect any other teams. A strong case if they win 2 more games. If it turns into a real bun fight and squabble it'll affect their chances. Next few days will clinch it, today's meeting will be crucial

Unfortunately, the clubs that matter will want it to continue behind closed doors, so it probably will.
And if they do there will be thousands of scouse rats outside the ground as they just had to be there to witness istree being made. They just need to suspend the season now.

The options are
1) continue behind closed doors?
Virtually impossible now as too many clubs effected
2) suspend the season until?
Getting more difficult as no one knows when it will be possible to continue The government spoke about 14 weeks that’s mid July around about pre season
3) make this season void?
Obviously a lot of clubs, not just PL will not want this as it is disadvantageous for them

imho the only option is 3 but I think 2 is the likely outcome from today with a proviso that it will be reviewed in a few weeks

The options are
1) continue behind closed doors?
Virtually impossible now as too many clubs effected
2) suspend the season until?
Getting more difficult as no one knows when it will be possible to continue The government spoke about 14 weeks that’s mid July around about pre season
3) make this season void?
Obviously a lot of clubs, not just PL will not want this as it is disadvantageous for them

imho the only option is 3 but I think 2 is the likely outcome from today with a proviso that it will be reviewed in a few weeks

I cannot see any other option than voiding the seasons and European places being awarded on the end positions

As you say, playing behind closed doors is out of the question. Suspending it is pretty unworkable - amongst the obvious reason that we are only at the start of CV, players contracts run out in June/July, the summer heat could make games unplayable across Europe and then the issues of pre-season and the transfer market

There is no end in sight of CV, no even close. Better to. Just call it a day and hope that next season starts in August

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.