COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe India has only just had its first death, all those people living in such cramped and unsanitary conditions.

This thing is off the scale now
I think next week it will be noticeable that kids will be taken out of school, people working from home, low attendances at football if still on, same with concerts
Time for people to take the action the government won’t
This has to be done to slow the spread

This thing is off the scale now
I think next week it will be noticeable that kids will be taken out of school, people working from home, low attendances at football if still on, same with concerts
Time for people to take the action the government won’t
This has to be done to slow the spread
I think the Govt and the authorities are waiting to get to within 2 weeks of the Easter holidays before closing schools.
Then basically they'll be shut for a month.

I can't believe India has only just had its first death, all those people living in such cramped and unsanitary conditions.

They have been absolutely ruthless with regards to the travel ban, within days they were sending people away who arrived from an effected country.

we're taking a reactive approach for sure, which in my experience is never a great way of doing thinks. Sporting events and mass gatherings must surely be stopped in the next couple of days......
It may end up being proactive for the virus when it arrives back in Autumn/Winter. But one thing no-one can say is "for sure".

Two articles from the Guardian showing very different policies from the UK and Taiwan.

The article on the UK gives some insight of the government reasoning.

UK government's coronavirus advice – and why it gave it

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ave-it?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

How Taiwan is containing coronavirus – despite diplomatic isolation by China

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-china?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

If the virus eventualy becomes 'normalised' and acts in the same way as other seasonal illnesses or travels in waves as the illness pass back and fourth around the world, will Taiwan have to behave in the same manner with each wave until a cure or vaccination is found? Will a cure or treatment be found. From my limited understanding 4 non novel coronovirus are already out there and no cure is available we just manage the symptoms.

sorry-folks-americas-closed-moose-out-front-shoulda-told-you-40702142.png

I miss John Candy

yes but Donald Trump has excluded the UK from the travel ban which obviously means we are undertaking the right strategy! If anyone can name me one thing this man has got wrong so far since being president I would be amazed.

The one thing he has missed is the spread within his own country and last week he was calling it a hoax.

It's currently around $1000 to get a test done and not all insurances cover it so don't expect the number of cases to increase much or even be reported...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.