Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

So the thought by some now is cancel the euros and continue league upto July, so when do we start next season, also its said the peak will be at that time, its going to be an interesting time ahead as to what's going to be done, and to be honest the people making these decisions don't fill me with confidence.
Don't think it's occurred to sky/Fa that people involved in football have lives too. Players, staff, even stadiums may not be available between mid may and mid August. Pure greed.

Is it? is it within your right to not go into work for fear of getting a virus?

Not unless the gov says so, imho.

At our place they’ve said unless you are showing symptoms or someone close had it at home or work you have to take annual leave at this point

Let’s remember this is about more than the PL winners there’s lots more to consider
European places
Relegation
Promotion
Cup competitions
It involves the whole of the football pyramid
Lots remains undecided, so there is no way that the season can be declared as competed until all matches at all levels have been decided. Therefore the decision should be made at UEFA level, initially to cancel all cup competitions and to suspend leagues for4 weeks pending upon a review, with the option then, to void the season or continue in some form
I don’t see the season being valid until everything is magically certain regardless of how many points a club is ahead Any criteria would have to be applied across the whole of football

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that only the pl can have a champion and the lower level league current leaders will simply have to roll over
That's not my opinion. I think if they give it to the dippers then they have to do the same down through the leagues but it's the prem they don't give a damn about other leagues just the cash cow that is the prem .

So if the premiership is cancelled does that mean we will be raining champions next season.
Guess so. Other downside I think that if the CL is cancelled uefa rules declare the previous champs as this year's also. This will actually be quite funny though after they were knocked out so early on. Hopefully domestic football and Euros binned, and the final stages of CL played in a mini-tournament format over a couple of weeks in the summer - if we won we'd probably have all 4 domestic cups and the European cup in the trophy room

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.