Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

All about protecting the brand, finish it with the conclusion they want. They’ve been doing this since August helping the two teams in red with suspect VAR decisions. They’ve looked the other way when one team in red decided to hack our scouting database. They want to come after us deduct points and strip titles.

Now we are at the point where 4 teams are potentially effected by coronavirus which surely compromises the fairness of the competition with teams not able to get the personnel onto the pitch.

Keep playing though lads protect the brand, they can’t have everything they conspired to happen taken away by a virus.

Not a chance this weekends games will happen now and after this week it is only going to get worse

Another mess to sort out would be betting companies. I just noticed I can still cash out on outright bets, but surely they would have to refund everybody those bets. Just another example of those that have a stake in this but don’t have an objective view.

Hopefully people get refunds mate but those bent fuckers make it up as they go a long so I wouldn’t be surprised if they started having mythical matches to end the season.

They won't void it. They'll shunt the Euros to 2021 and finish the leagues in the Summer (assuming that the situation will be better then).

The summer is the the predicted peak of covid - 19 so not sure the summer is going to the answer. I think they will postpone and review in a couple of weeks. At that time they will have no option but to declare the season null and void. Next season could also be in doubt. Hopefully not but nothing guaranteed. Most of us will get the virus and wonder what all the fuss was about but as we lose people we cherish the reality will be hard and painful.

The thing is about behind closed doors,

that’d be fine if it was the players and literally no one else, and also if no one had the virus.

fact is, players, managers and background staff have all been affected and it’ll only get worse.

closing the doors actually does nothing at this stage, the horse has already bolted

Just a observation re your post, are the Prem League going to pick a couple of Virus free teams to play Norwich and Villa to see if they can avoid relegation, and will the EFL do the same for dirty Leeds and WBA in the championship?

No it clearly doesnt work , but just playing devils advocate. The only way that makes sence to me is the whole season in every league is null n void. That's is going to be hard to take for liverpool and teams in promotion spots. But what else can be done.
If you bring two teams up and play more games next season does that mean 5 teams get relegated next season ?

RT @Carra23: Inevitable the @premierleague @EFL will be suspended today. You can’t start next season until this one finishes when ever that is. No title winners? Who goes in the @ChampionsLeague next season??Leeds WBA +1 miss out on PL??? 3 clubs in Prem stay up.

The German league are considering voiding the season and promoting teams with no relegation, play more games next season, as a solution.

doesn’t make much sense either. Still a lot of games to play. How can you justify promoting Leeds and West Brom? Yes they’re in front but they’re not guaranteed promotion. Fulham are only 6 points behind West Brom.

How about the play off places? There are 7 points between 4th and 11th.

it’s a complete mess.

there’s only one thing to do, void the season and start fresh in August if the problem is solved by then.

postponing for two weeks is a joke. It’s not going to get better, let’s be real.

The real numbers of the virus will be scary

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.