Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Anything Gordon Taylor has had a hand in does not fill me with any confidence similar to the Prem ££££.
Who plays in the next CL then? You cant just give it back to City, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool because of last season.

I think they will find a way to play it out, even if it's just a bit of a pisstake with games every 3 days for 3 weeks in late July behind closed doors.

Theres just so many massive landmines around voiding or settling the league as it is that finishing it before the next one makes most sense.

Just scrub the Champions league and the Europa league for a season

One suggestion being made is the current season resumes next January through to the end of March. The next season then starts in early June - don't know where the Euros fit into all that?

I dont think theres any chance they vote for that.

It would make more sense to just cut out the 2020 international breaks in August, October and November - that gives you 6 weeks extra to the club season and only friendlies were scheduled anyway.

You could double up league weeks so we need 5 weeks to finish the season.

West Ham join Arsenal, Bournemouth, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester and Man City with players in self isolation:

One suggestion being made is the current season resumes next January through to the end of March. The next season then starts in early June - don't know where the Euros fit into all that?

No way - that would mean we dont have a meaningful league game for 16 months?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.