Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Don’t think I’m on my own, but 50mins & counting on the phone to Travelodge to try to amend or get a ‘credit note’ for bookings for tomorrow & Tuesday. Have been bitten too many times, so in future I am going to pay the extra £7 to include money back cancellation up to 12 noon on arrival date.

Be incredibly churlish and petty of us to deny they've been the best team this season and deserve the league title. I'm sure if the roles were reversed...

IMHO, No relegation-threatened club will agree to giving Liverpool the title, because it would mean accepting the Premier table as is, and them being relegated. Nothing less than complete cancellation of this season and restarting next season with the same teams currently in the Premier League. But will they get a voice during these PL meetings?

Either that or postpone matches resulting in the season ending in July-August thereby disrupting pre-season, transfers and starting next season with no breaks. Practically impossible, I feel..

Let’s face it ?, the league for this season is done !
April is not going to happen as many have said ,even the government and health officers.
By April they expect it to be even worse than it is now ! The UK IS 4/5 weeks behind Italy at the moment

I think the only way forward is to cancel the Euros and try and finish the league in the summer

If they do this , and I hope they just cancel the league now !

City should just do what them scouse ****s did first .Finish our remaining fixtures with our u18’s and make a mockery out of it like they have done to previous competitions that didn’t fit in with them .

I dont think theres any chance they vote for that.

It would make more sense to just cut out the 2020 international breaks in August, October and November - that gives you 6 weeks extra to the club season and only friendlies were scheduled anyway.

You could double up league weeks so we need 5 weeks to finish the season.

Football won't be ready to return in August. I tried to suggest the other day, we will be fortunate to see football again in 2020.

Don’t think I’m on my own, but 50mins & counting on the phone to Travelodge to try to amend or get a ‘credit note’ for bookings for tomorrow & Tuesday. Have been bitten too many times, so in future I am going to pay the extra £7 to include money back cancellation up to 12 noon on arrival date.

I'm having a nightmare over trains next week

The way I see it, titles can't be awarded , top four places can't be allocated, neither can Europa League spots, relegations, promotions, because the clubs losing out would go straight to their lawyers.

The only way to keep this out of the courts is to void the season completely, effectively this season didn't happen, file it under act of god.
How do I go on ? I`m an atheist.

Be incredibly churlish and petty of us to deny they've been the best team this season and deserve the league title. I'm sure if the roles were reversed...
I sort of agree but don't forget how much VAR screwed us over this season and how much VAR help them pull out a big lead just in case something happen at the business end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.