Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

500k people die in the UK every year.
Normal flu takes 17k a year.
All worldwide indications are that other than the elderly and those with pre existing respiratory conditions, it’s not particularly fatal.
The real impact of this isn’t the deaths, but the strain on infrastructure, NHS and the impact of 1 in 5 workers self isolating.
i don't have pre existing respiratory problems,it is getting everyone

I think it would be quite difficult for City, or any club, to vote against Liverpool being awarded the title. It would look really bad, churlish and petty. I think we would vote for it, through gritted teeth. And keep reminding them and everyone else that we did.
fuck that - bus wrecking, hacking, manoeuvring to get us thrown out of Europe, paying certain journalist to attack us - this would only be minor payback

Welcome to the new reality.

Europe went almost a decade without football during the last century.

I think you make a very good point, this virus could be here years yet or at least a few years and sport or more so large gatherings could well be banned. Actual physical exercise for the population could increase as this is one way to combat it, being healthy it seems.

Wholescale changes are coming our way, some will be welcomed such as the way we fund / treat social care, the NHS and other health issues.

Some will not be welcomed such as the cost

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.