Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Most people seem to be assuming that, if it comes to it, it will be this season that gets cancelled. Seems more likely to me that they'd cancel next season in its entirety and finish this season whenever it's safest to start up again.

Medical advice suggests the virus won't hit its peak until the summer, so could be the back end of the year before it's safe to start again, by which point, you might as well space everything out to finish this season and have the Euros.

Removes a lot of the issues such as relegation, promotion, European qualification, etc. Major issue would be financially, the club's would have to function for 2 years with only 1 year's income essentially. However, there's enough money in football for that to be resolved, I'd hope.

Maybe im being a bit of a dumbfuck but how can this mean anything other than the end of the football season, i keep hearing about giving it 4 or 5 weeks but at that point we will still be nowhere near the forecast peak levels. From what i am reading there is the possibility of catching the virus more than one and so there can be a repeating pattern.

The government said between 5 and 10 thousand people may have the virus now, in 5 or 6 weeks this could well be over a million. Fuck knows what it will be in 10 - 12 weeks time.

People seem to fotget that if the peak cycle is in 12 weeks it then has to tail off again so to get back to today's level may be 5 to 6 months.

We may be lucky to get next seasons league started in August.

Most people seem to be assuming that, if it comes to it, it will be this season that gets cancelled. Seems more likely to me that they'd cancel next season in its entirety and finish this season whenever it's safest to start up again.

Medical advice suggests the virus won't hit its peak until the summer, so could be the back end of the year before it's safe to start again, by which point, you might as well space everything out to finish this season and have the Euros.

Removes a lot of the issues such as relegation, promotion, European qualification, etc. Major issue would be financially, the club's would have to function for 2 years with only 1 year's income essentially. However, there's enough money in football for that to be resolved, I'd hope.

Normally most days I wake up and one of my first thoughts is about City

Not anymore, for the last few days it definitely has not been.

Be incredibly churlish and petty of us to deny they've been the best team this season and deserve the league title. I'm sure if the roles were reversed...

Churlish you say... haven’t they hacked our scouting system? didn’t they attack our team bus? didn’t they orchestrate a media campaign of hate to overshadow our domestic treble? Are they at the forefront of trying to get us a 2 year ban from European competition. Fuck them... I would award them anything.

Just to give a heads up on sky.
I've just phoned sky to cancel sky sports.
I was told as I was in contract until October I would not be able to cancel and even if I did I was informed it would cost me £60.
I asked to speak to a manager and I then pointed out that I only signed up for Sky sports for football as I have no Interest in any other of their sporting offerings.
And without Premier league football Sky had actually broke their own terms of said contract.
The out come was they have cancelled my subscription to Sky sports until the Premier League resumes and they have done this free of charge.
I joined BT after getting rid of Sly sports ,also i was in contract ,BT informed me they would cover any outstanding monies owed to Sly up to 300 pounds .

cant see that this season having a 6 month or more break and than missing the following season. So what happens to players out of contract in June ? null n void it has to be !

Even this has huge issues though, What about the transfer window, say Villa go out and buy 3 top players over the summer and then next August the final league games are played and Villa survive through goals scored by one of these signings?

Each team would need to start with the same squads which could never be enforced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.