COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, agreed. It’s used as a justification for doing nothing, and conveniently the “delay” phase involves less testing.

If we are to assume the real number is already in the tens of thousands, we will be into the millions in around 2-3 weeks.
The last 2 days have seen ALARMING increases in the UK. We've jumped from daily increases in the 15% to 20% range to yesterday which was +28% and today +35%.

I hope to god these are outliers. because if they are not, then I agree we would be into millions infected in 2 or 3 weeks or less.

Nor me.
Behavioural scientists? A joke that they can call themselves scientists.

As these are unprecedented times it is impossible to translate previous patterns of lab mice behaviour on what nations of panicked, resourceful and resolute people will do.
Let's just say that were the average family to be told that they must keep their kids indoors and away from other kids, and were they to not do that then some members of the family might easily die, then I suspect the compliance rate would be a lot higher than this "well, they'd just get bored and wander off" line that's being peddled.

It all makes this governments non action (apart from more wash your hands) even more bizarre, are the government scientists using different methods that scientists from around the world? Or are we being experimented on by a group of swivel eyed loons from Tufton Street

The lack of news about increased capacity in hospitals and other sites is worrying. They are either doing little or not telling anyone. Can’t see it being the second one.
Scotland have said they are doubling the number of ICU beds. That's the good news. From 400 to 800 is the rather less good news.

The last 2 days have seen ALARMING increases in the UK. We've jumped from daily increases in the 15% to 20% range to yesterday which was +28% and today +35%.

I hope to god these are outliers. because if they are not, then I agree we would be into millions infected in 2 or 3 weeks or less.
If the daily increase surpasses about 40%, that means a doubling every TWO days as opposed to three. It’s becoming more and more rapid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.