Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I'm absolutely gutted this season will likely get cancelled/null and voided.

A few weeks back I was asked to invest in a Merseyside candle making outfit, but they were looking like they were about to go under due to the positive mood, so I turned it down and held out for a better opportunity.

Its like being handed the winning Lottery Jackpot numbers in advance, but deciding to save up for a trip to the Bingo instead.

Naaasty!

Tasty…

I asked my daughter's best friend who is a public health statistician and apparantly the reasoning for the government not cancelling sports stadium events is as follows.
If you attend a professional sport event you connect with on average 14 people. 6 people who you brush past en route to/from the game. The two people you sit next to, 3 people behind you and 3 people in front of you and the 3 people behind you can only be infectious to you. You are outside for the most part, so less infectious than indoors.
In comparison standing outside like the fans of PSG did is lethal. Watching sport in a pub is even worse as you are in an enclosed atmosphere with 25+ people.
No, the only reason for cancelling sport is if the players can spread it to each other or the use of umpteen police and emergency personal staff who can be better employed elsewhere.

So the travelling on a tram/bus/train crammed in like sardines doesn’t add to the 14? The coughs etc on those modes of public transport could add up to a lot more than 14.

What is different about standing outside the venue to standing inside the venue? I admit I didn’t see how the PSG people mingled but why would it be different from mingling (if that is what it could be called) on a tram/train or bus?
Please note I am not being argumentative just curious as to how they come to that conclusion. :-)

We could have won the fa and the cl but we are not whinging about it

In the name of scrupulous fairness — although they don't really deserve it, not from us anyway — they're nearly a certainty to be champions. We're definitely not nearly a certainty to be F.A. Cup or CL winners.
However, the principle that I outlined above p.239 #2386 holds good.

I’m sure all the stops will be pulled out to ensure that the league season is completed somehow so that winners, relegation and promotion are all sorted.

I keep thinking if Liverpool have won the Premier league fair and square then we can't be bitter about it.
Can't cheat them out of a title after winning the most games. Getting the most points.

What's the point in a competition if you can just take away the prize because you're not happy about the winner? Might as well just not bother at all.

Then I remember they've played every game with an extra ref and their own personal VAR team when we've been fucked over by both and I think fuck em, fuck their cheating title and fuck their first league win in 30yrs. And fuck their unbearable fans too.
But it affects us as much as it does them.

Cancelling the season will cancel the best chance we’ve ever had of lifting the European Cup for the first time.

But the season needs cancelling. Just void the end of the season, City and Liverpool have both won two trophies each (City - Community Shield and EFL Cup; Liverpool - UEFA Super Cup and FIFA World Club Cup), but will be as gutted as each other about missing out on the prize both clubs wanted most respectively this season.

Or void the entire season and start again next season.

If they do declare the season null and void, how would they allocate the television merit money?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.